MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Reputation system not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Issue is fixed, the same fix also corrected the login box not being centered.
Solution is at the top of the last post in this thread.

Hi I have just launched a new forum with a partner.
We've upgraded the theme with a basic theme upgrade from Nasyr, myBB style.
However, after upgrading the theme the reputation system is no longer working, and it would not surprise me if a few other buttons were not working.

MyBB new installation 1.8

username: testuser
password: 123456

I searched for solutions online suggesting that there are multiple conflicting header includes somewhere, but I can't seem to find anything.
You are welcome to look, as I might have missed it or if there is another problem conflicting with the button, as I'm not a good web dev Smile

----
Another small issue is when you press login, the popup login box appears in the bottom-left corner of the screen and not in the center of the screen? If you know fix for this too, I'd appreciate it a lot! The main priority is the reputation system though.

Thank you in advance Smile
i can see you have modified the template too much and may be you have touched the part for reputation button ..
try to see if this system works for you in the default theme or try to install any other theme , i am sure it will work , the js in not opening the pop
I'll try with the original nasyr upgrade, but I really haven't modified a lot.
The only things I did was update fontawesome.js and split post_author, post_content side by side instead of vertically.

edit: ahhhhhhhh
https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=954
is a v1.2 theme.

How would I go by upgrading the theme to 1.8? I really like it.
Or do you know of any other themes that are similar?
If you upgraded to mybb 1.9.20 you have to update your templates since mybb updated the jQuery to 3.0.0

If you do not know what templates to update, you should go to, styles and templates -> Templates -> Search Updated.

You can see what templates you need to update.

regards
Thank you for helping me out all, I managed to fix it.
If anyone else should have troubles with the Nasyr theme if they're using it, the fix is:

ACP -> Templates & Style -> Pick Nasyr's theme -> global.css -> Edit Stylesheet: Advanced Mode -> search for " /** Modal Start **/ "

Now open a new tab and do the same thing, except that you should pick the Default theme instead of Nasyr's theme, search for the same thing.
After you've located /** Modal Start **/ in the Default theme, copy it's contents from /** Modal Start **/ to /** Modal End **/ and replace the contents in Nasyr's theme with the Default theme's Modal css.

Nasyr's theme doesn't have the .blocker .blocker:before .blocker:behind and also it has a few irrelevant changes to .modal.

Hope this helps for people in the future Smile

Thank you, and I supposed I can take the new updates added to the Default theme and put it in the 4 Nasyr theme files that are listed to be updated? Of course without breaking anything or adding something twice, or forgetting to add something.

Edit: The only ones listed are, and neither of them has anything to do with reputation button, do they?
header_welcomeblock_member
index
index_boardstats
postbit

edit 2: nvm, figured out how to do it, thank you again for leading me to the right files.
edit 3: nvm nvm, which one of the files is it exactly that contains reputation functions, because I compared a template that works with the nasyr upgrade and I can't see major differences that should break anything.
Here's a comparison of the postbit file for example.
https://copyleaks.com/compare-embed/comp...PNwOQJQ4qo

One thing I found when I exported nasyr's theme where rep doesn't work and when I exported myBB theme where it works.

This code is in the bottom of the file in nasyr's .xml file

<div class="post_controls">
 <div class="postbit_buttons author_buttons float_left">
 {$post['button_email']}{$post['button_pm']}{$post['button_www']}{$post['button_find']}{$post['button_rep']}
 </div>
 <div class="postbit_buttons post_management_buttons float_right">
 {$post['button_edit']}{$post['button_quickdelete']}{$post['button_quickrestore']}{$post['button_quote']}{$post['button_multiquote']}{$post['button_report']}{$post['button_warn']}{$post['button_purgespammer']}{$post['button_reply_pm']}{$post['button_replyall_pm']}{$post['button_forward_pm']}{$post['button_delete_pm']}
 </div>
</div>
</div>]]></template>
 <template name="postbit_author_user" version="1808"><![CDATA[<span style="float:left;">{$lang->postbit_posts}</span> <span style="float:right;"> {$post['postnum']}</span><br /><span style="float:left;">{$lang->postbit_threads}</span> <span style="float:right;">{$post['threadnum']}</span><br /><span style="float:left;">{$lang->postbit_joined}</span> <span style="float:right;">{$post['userregdate']}</span>{$post['replink']}{$post['profilefield']}{$post['warninglevel']}]]></template>
 <template name="postbit_offline" version="1808"><![CDATA[<br /><span class="postbit-offline">Currently Offline</span>]]></template>
 <template name="postbit_online" version="1808"><![CDATA[<br /><span class="postbit-online">Currently Online</span>]]></template>
 <template name="postbit_profilefield" version="1808"><![CDATA[<br />{$post['fieldname']}:<div style="float:right"> {$post['fieldvalue']}</div>]]></template>
 <template name="postbit_reputation" version="1808"><![CDATA[<br />{$lang->postbit_reputation} <div class="float_right">{$post['userreputation']}</div>]]></template>
 <template name="postbit_warninglevel" version="1808"><![CDATA[<br />{$lang->postbit_warning_level} <div class="float_right"><a href="{$warning_link}">{$warning_level}</a></div>]]></template>
 </templates>
</theme>

Whilst in the original mybb .xml file there's no such thing

.tt-suggestion.tt-is-under-cursor {
    background-color: #2d9595;
 color: #fff;
}

.pagination a:hover {
 background-color: #2d9595;
 color: #fff;
 border-color: #133f41;
}
 ]]>
 </stylesheet>
 </stylesheets>
 <templates>
 </templates>
</theme>

Might it have something to do with this?
Any help is appreciated.