MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Modification plugin 'Upcoming Events'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm planning to use the plugin Upcoming Events:
https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=958

It looks good; the only issue is that the events are placed in 'Board Statistics' one after the other, separated with a comma. Is it possible to get them one under the other, so one line for each event?

Now it looks like: event 1, event 2, event 3, event 4 etc.....

it should be:
Event 1
Event 2
Event 3
Event 4 etc.

How can I achief this?
Probably replace the comma with html for a line break in the template would do it.

I don't use the plugin, but that's a guess.
(2019-03-02, 04:28 PM)p00lz Wrote: [ -> ]Probably replace the comma with html for a line break in the template would do it.

Thanks p00lz, it works.
I replaced ',' with a '<br>'.

Now I have another request:

Is it possible to show de date of the event in front of (or after) the event, so the list looks like this:

3 march 2019 - Event 1
4 april 2019 - Event 2
17  june 2019 - Event 3
5 aug 2019 - Event 4 etc.

The old 'Upcoming Events' plugin (see picture below) did show that, bud this plugin does'nt work with PHP 7 and higher, that's why I have to use this new plugin mentioned in post 1 of this thread.
[Image: 31847-1303209224-screenshot02.gif]
(2019-03-02, 08:39 PM)wageral Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-03-02, 04:28 PM)p00lz Wrote: [ -> ]Probably replace the comma with html for a line break in the template would do it.

Thanks p00lz, it works.
I replaced ',' with a '<br>'.

Now I have another request:

Is it possible to show de date of the event in front of (or after) the event, so the list looks like this:

3 march 2019 - Event 1
4 april 2019 - Event 2
17  june 2019 - Event 3
5 aug 2019 - Event 4 etc.

The old 'Upcoming Events' plugin (see picture below) did show that, bud this plugin does'nt work with PHP 7 and higher, that's why I have to use this new plugin mentioned in post 1 of this thread.
[Image: 31847-1303209224-screenshot02.gif]

Unless you already updated it yourself you can simply temporarily grab the old plugin updated for 1.8 and it works on php 7.24

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil...2219695962

* not much time was spent on this as free time was limited primarily the following things were touched:

Quote:Basic compatability update:

Updated to version 1.32 for MyBB 1.8.x usage by: Vintagedaddyo

- Only minor code changes for 1.8 compatibility & localization completion as it was not complete * my free time was limited 

- added missing calendar image and toplinks directory and changed img link from .gif to .png * since 1.8 does not use single calendar gif nor single calendar png toplink img and actually uses sprites unlike mybb 1.6 though i specifically added the 1.6 calendar img so that it will maintain the same as original plugin separate from the calendar sprite in look and unique to plugin and the image and directory was needed since not every one migrated from 1.6 to 1.8 with this and if starting with 1.8 said directory and image would be missing from the plugin since it was a default 1.6 image not in 1.8 by default

- added license and readme files in new documents directory

- Current completed Localization:

- english
- englishgb

Compatibility:

MyBB 1.8: Yes  * appears to be working fine though I only had a few minutes and will perhaps add further completed localization and or address any issues that may or may not arrive when and or if I have the available free time.

Portal preview 1.8.20 php 7.2.4:

[Image: Forums-1.png]

Index preview 1.8.20 php 7.2.4:

[Image: Forums.png]

Or more permanent download here: https://github.com/vintagedaddyo/MyBB_Pl...ing_Events
Thanks al lot Vintagedaddy, you're great!
Now it works, also in PHP7.1
(2019-03-05, 08:35 AM)wageral Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks al lot Vintagedaddy, you're great!
Now it works, also in PHP7.1

Cool beans, no worries, glad that sorted it for you. Smile  * also note currently via the github, lang support for english, englishgb,  espanol, french and italiano at this moment..., if you need greek and nederlands either let me know and I will try to get some free time to do so, else if you translate them yourself please share and I will add it to the github

You can get it from the mods site now also: https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?acti...w&pid=1231
Hello!

Hope you don't mind me stepping in here? I was hoping for some guidance on how to adjust the output so I have the date, and then the title of the event instead of the other way around? I've done some digging but I'm afraid I'm not finding what I'm after.

Thank you!

Like this:

Today - Test #1
Today - Test #2
13.Jun.19 - Test #3