MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: is MyBB the right solution for me
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to make a site like yahoo answers. After searching for a while I've come to the conclusion that there really aren't any solutions that are ready to be used in a real world environment. So my solution would be to use a forum since when you boil down yahoo answers thats all it really is. What I was wondering is could MyBB be modified to be like yahoo answers from a templating standpoint. Other than the look what I need as far as features are:

Karma or some sort of ranking system
Advanced Search
Tag Cloud
Custom profile fields as well as avatars
Groups
captcha and other antispam features

any insight you all could provide as to whether or not this is the right solution for me would be greatly appreciated.
Yeah it is
All your requirements come with MyBB by default.

'Tag Cloud' can be downloaded from the Mods Site I believe.

burgher Wrote:I want to make a site like yahoo answers. After searching for a while I've come to the conclusion that there really aren't any solutions that are ready to be used in a real world environment. So my solution would be to use a forum since when you boil down yahoo answers thats all it really is. What I was wondering is could MyBB be modified to be like yahoo answers from a templating standpoint. Other than the look what I need as far as features are:

Karma or some sort of ranking system
Advanced Search
Tag Cloud
Custom profile fields as well as avatars
Groups
captcha and other antispam features

any insight you all could provide as to whether or not this is the right solution for me would be greatly appreciated.
Dude with mybb u are safe