MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Some issues with SCEditor 1.5.2 in MyBB 1.8.20
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
THIS THREAD IS CREATED TO SUMMARIZE SOME ISSUES INTO ONE PLACE

So after release of MyBB 1.8.20 there were some issues reported with updated SCEditor.
I decided to quickly summarize things that could possibly happen to you with this change.

First of all all this issues can be "resolved" simply by typing bbcodes by hand.
All issues are occuring in WYSIWYG mode (the one where you can change look of text by clicking buttons and you see your changes). Source mode works fine.

Now to actual list of things that I have confirmed:
  • In Chrome, Edge, IE, Opera it is impossible to center text by using button in editor. Editor will just reomove align code for center, but right, left and justify work fine. Typing by hand align code with center option works fine. No mistakes were found in js of editor or bbcodes extension for MyBB BBCodes (MyCodes).
  • In Firefox you (sometimes) can't change text appearance at all. Size, color or other things won't be visible. BUT these changes are saved. Just turn editor to source mode and again to wysiwyg to update things. Weirdly centering works fine in Firefox
For now it is all I could confirm. This list will be updated with anything more that will be confirmed and not resolved by changing templates / recaching site.
As for possible fixes - I wasn't able to find anything that could cause this issue. SCEditor 1.5.2 as standalone element works fine, same for MyBB. Only combination of MyBB and SCEditor 1.5.2 (and possibly jquery) causes problems.

I can only advise you not to use problematic functions and writting their responding bbcodes by hand. MyBB Parser will parse these properly (as you can see in this post I've made centered text, and I'm writting this on chrome).
I'm searching through code of MyBB and SCEditor for possible cause of these bugs and issues.

Please share your issues and possible ways to fix them in this topic. If you provide fix I will add link leading straight to your post with fix in this post.
In the recent upgrade to 1.8.20 sorry i am not using SCEditor but within mybb upgrade i can confirm that the align bbcode for center is not working for me.
I am having the same issue in alignment of text or any image .. centre align is not responding after the upgrade ..
Yeah, It is already pushed to github as separate issue. For now use align code by writting it by hand. Then it will work properly.

I've tried to find what could cause this issue, but wasn't able to find any clue why this is happening.
Yeah, it looks like this SCEditor issue is related: https://github.com/samclarke/SCEditor/issues/522

The alignment works in the WYSIWYG, but once you go to source mode or preview it is gone. Effone tracked it down as follows on Discord:

Quote:When you are viewing the source mode: The preview window still having the center code, but the source doesn't. So when you return to preview mode it gets reparsed and wiping align.
Serious Sam should be rewarded for introducing innovative bugs

[Image: screen.gif]

I guess I tracked.
It is placing align="center" in place of style="text-align: center;"
Its an old issue of SCEditor. Seems not fixed completely

We were already planning on upgrading to the current SCEditor release (2.x) in MyBB 1.8.21, which I tried for 1.8.20 but it needed a lot more effort due to bigger changes. We'll try and get a PR for that upgrade made ASAP so that we can really hammer the testing on it since it seems SCEditor always introduces hundreds of issues when we look at it.
As per further research this is a bug in core of SCE and malfunctions in latest version of SCE as well.
Its a clone code function that got modified and we will try overriding it to get the things back to normal.
yes because i have on my board themes installed for 1.8.19
if i use that theme the alignment will work just fine .. but if i will use the theme for 1.820 it will have the problems with alignment ..
Alright so here is the WIP. Posting to encourage people to test more as its huge and much testing is required
https://github.com/mybb/mybb/pull/3639

This PR updates SCE to 2.1.3 along with jQuery to 3.3.1
I have rewritten the major portion of MyBB part of editor.
All known issues seem to be fixed in this PR. Let me know if you find any.
All of them should be fixed in 1.8.21, can you confirm?
On my side, 
If I click enter will not move down!! in the next enter it will leave one space and some times double space.

If you copy/paste from out side, it will pop up by this code:

<!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:1; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:0 0 0 0 0 0;} @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-536858881 -1073732485 9 0 511 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin-top:0in; margin-right:0in; margin-bottom:10.0pt; margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:Arial; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:Arial; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoPapDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; margin-bottom:10.0pt; line-height:115%;} @page WordSection1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.WordSection1 {page:WordSection1;} --> Hello mate,

This happening on Chrome But on Edge its fine.

Another example shows this in PM's: </p><p><br></p><p>Oh&nbsp; ok</p><p><br></p><p>yea I know those bugs</p><p>there is no addon to replace it ?</p><p><br></p><p>[Image: smile.gif] best regards</p><p><br></p>

In addition,  auto scrolling on enter is not working... so u must scroll down to follow your pointer...

Hope will be fixed soon.

Thank you.
Pages: 1 2