MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: (SOLVED) Theme exporting, missing out on files and changes?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there, I recently downloaded the Blue Velvet theme, and it has underwent serious changes. Making the theme fully responsive and some bug fixes.
I did all this on a test forum, and now I'm trying to export the theme and import it onto the live forum.
However, I got unexpected results. There was not a thing changed.
When I go and copy all the edited and updated CSS files in the test forum /public_html/testforum/cache/theme/*.css and paste it to the live forums folder, replacing all the *.css files, the live version then works. (There are file size difference between the ones copied versus the ones I'm replacing on live forum, so this means that exporting the Blue Velvet theme with changes, didn't export any of the changes)

Now I know, I made it work copying the .css files, so what is the issue? The issue is that I'd like to share the work, since the .xml file is not exporting all the changes.
Please help?
Did you happen to edit the CSS files directly? The cache/themes/ files are only written to by MyBB for caching; when themes are exported, only the database version is included, which can be updated by saving the content in the ACP editor.
Does this mean that if I go to each and every single CSS file and re-save it through the admin panel, it will save to the database and thus making me able to export the full theme with changes? Smile

Or how do I do this exactly?
Pasting new content to each CSS file in Templates & Style → Themes and saving should do the trick (you might have to correct relative paths to images, etc.: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/issues/299).
Fixed, you were right. I did it wrong Smile

Are you sure it's not the other way around? :/
I just copied each file from cache/theme/.*css to each respective CSS file in Control Panel -> Themes -> Blue Velvet -> *.css.
Now all changes are gone completely :O