MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Plugin 'Ad Randomizer' problem after PHP7.2 -upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(2019-03-07, 11:34 AM)doylecc Wrote: [ -> ]Super administrators are set in inc/config.php:

/**
 * Super Administrators
 *  A comma separated list of user IDs who cannot
 *  be edited, deleted or banned in the Admin CP.
 *  The administrator permissions for these users
 *  cannot be altered either.
 */

$config['super_admins'] = '1';

Ok, then that seems not the problem; my UID='1' indeed.....
Super admin would be highest level of admin as opposed to standard admins and if my memory serves correctly is uid controlled not necessarily gid, hence why your previous post about gid listing prompted me to state such, well i mean you have gid for the admin group and uid to define super admin..., hopefully that makes sense.

If you needed to add more than one super admin you could add them separated by a comma like so:

$config['super_admins'] = '1,2,3'; // you get the drift 
* though, too many chiefs and not enough braves is not necessarily a good thing Wink

ok back to discussing the confusion between super admin and admin

So your main admin account that would say be super admin and say other non super admins would be any other admins that can access the acp or what not or are not defined as a super admin.

Note: I provided the change above to allow all admin viewing of sub menu item if that was what you needed, I also provided this to see if the issues still occurs for you ..., because if it does..., then it is possible it is as i suggested and another plugin that has a submenu item in same menu may be causing an issue hence why I suggested to disable all plugins that may be adding a sub menu item in that menu one by one until the ad menu is appearing...., then if that is the case you know what other plugin is causing issues and we can then look at how that plugin is setting sub menu to see if we can modify it also to not conflict with other sub menu items. Also it is possible that if that is the case then other plugins adding menu item there will also be affected not just this one. Hopefully that makes sense.

Update: found the conflict social sites plugin

socialsites.php line 668 is:

function socialsites_admin_config_menu($sub_menu) {

And it needs to be:

function socialsites_admin_config_menu(&$sub_menu) {

Note: I discovered by first looking at your screenshot menu items and seeing page manager and socialsite...., I downloaded them and installed them..., then exactly like I suggested to you I disabled them one by one then enabling ad randomizer system and when I saw the culprit I simply queried the sub_menu..., edited it and bam it all works. Wink

Example of the menu items working correctly after the socialsites plugin fix:

[Image: 2lcnr6f.png]
Thanks again Vintagedaddyo, now the Ad Rotation Manager-link is back!
Problem solved, you're great!

I keep learning, hopely I can fix this kind of issues by myself in the future Wink
(2019-03-08, 06:53 AM)wageral Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks again Vintagedaddyo, now the Ad Rotation Manager-link is back!

I keep learning, hopely I can fix this kind of issues by myself in the future Wink

Cool beans, no worries. Glad it got it sorted. Smile
(2019-03-08, 06:53 AM)wageral Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks again Vintagedaddyo, now the Ad Rotation Manager-link is back!

@wageral

Just  an update: * I got around to having the free-time for a moment to add full localization support as previously mentioned so you can grab that at the github: https://github.com/vintagedaddyo/MyBB_Pl...izersystem  or mods: https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?acti...w&pid=1233 ** current localization support for english, englishgb, espanol, french, italiano
Thanks a lot again Vintagedaddyo, I will try this on my forum.
(2019-03-10, 07:28 AM)wageral Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks a lot again Vintagedaddyo, I will try this on my forum.

No worries, cool beans, nice! Also thanks, glad that you are using the the upcoming events and prostats also..., oh, speaking of the prostats, btw, I should be done with the localization support for prostats hopefully soon. currently the front-end is translated into several languages and the back-end localization is primarily complete, I just need to find more free time to translate the localized back-end files to their respective langs from the current english placeholder.

mods: https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?acti...w&pid=1232 git: https://github.com/vintagedaddyo/MyBB_Plugin-Prostats
I just made a dutch translation of the ADS Manager file, would you like a copy of that? If so, ik can send you that file. 

Note: in the English version line 13 31 ( ads_submenu_action_ ) is not translated. What should it say in English? Just 'action'?
(2019-03-10, 08:47 AM)wageral Wrote: [ -> ]I just made a dutch translation of the ADS Manager file, would you like a copy of that? If so, ik can send you that file. 

Note: in the English version line 13 ( ads_submenu_action_ ) is not tanslated. What should it say in English? Just 'action'?

sure cool beans! always glad to throw it in the repo/dist pkg.. plus that means less work for me, Smile On to your other question, umm, yeah to answer your question...., that was intentional on my end and thats why I left it as is with ads_submenu_action_  because that is for a later date..., when I or if I add future localization to the action, at this moment it was not necessarily needed

So for now..., you can disregard this

// acp action

$l['ads_submenu_action_'] ='';

* Update: Thanks for your translation..., now added to github repo and mods site pkg Smile
socialsites.php line 668 is:

function socialsites_admin_config_menu($sub_menu) {

And it needs to be:

function socialsites_admin_config_menu(&$sub_menu) {

Note: I discovered by first looking at your screenshot menu items and seeing page manager and socialsite...., I downloaded them and installed them..., then exactly like I suggested to you I disabled them one by one then enabling ad randomizer system and when I saw the culprit I simply queried the sub_menu..., edited it and bam it all works. Wink

Example of the menu items working correctly after the socialsites plugin fix:

[Image: 2lcnr6f.png]
[/quote]

Hi Vintagedaddyo, could you tell me where you downloaded the 0.33 version of the 'Social Sites' plugin as shown in the picture above? I just found a older version (0.31) that I use at the moment:
https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=27
I cannot find the 0.33 version......
Pages: 1 2 3 4