MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cerise Theme Query
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yep, cerise in under themes which is in the root directory.

Okay, while when I did the templates check earlier I saw that along with the cache the themes folder was also not writable.

So, should I make it writable too?
(2019-03-08, 08:50 AM)vk_knight Wrote: [ -> ]Yep, cerise in under themes which is in the root directory.

Okay, while when I did the templates check earlier I saw that along with the cache the themes folder was also not writable.

So, should I make it writable too?

If any of those are in the red, then yes, they need to be put in the green, ie:writable

[Image: aahxl5.png]
Yep, done it too. But still the icons are missing.
(2019-03-08, 09:03 AM)vk_knight Wrote: [ -> ]Yep, done it too. But still the icons are missing.

did you check to make sure one they are still included in headerinclude and two that the files are in the themes directory because everytime someone shows me a screenshot like that it is simply either of the two not being correct ie: missing the include or theme folder not in correct spot of missing files. Note: the entirety of cerise was developed on localhost and it works on them offline or online due to the included font-awesome and such as lone as installed correctly and the headerincludes are present

the sub directories:

fontawesome
js
progbar

are fairly important
If you are referring to this line in the headerinclude then yeah its present.

<link rel="stylesheet" href="{$mybb->asset_url}/themes/cerise/fontawesome/css/font-awesome.min.css">

But didn't understand what you said "two that hte files arein the themes directory".
(2019-03-08, 09:12 AM)vk_knight Wrote: [ -> ]If you are referring to this line in the headerinclude then yeah its present.

<link rel="stylesheet" href="{$mybb->asset_url}/themes/cerise/fontawesome/css/font-awesome.min.css">

But didn't understand what you said "two that hte files arein the themes directory".

This is important in your headerinclude:

<!-- FontAwesome -->

<!-- Progress Bar -->

<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="{$mybb->asset_url}/themes/cerise/progbar/nprogress.css">
<script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->asset_url}/themes/cerise/progbar/nprogress.js"></script>
<script>
 NProgress.configure({ showSpinner: false });
 $(document).ready(function() {
 NProgress.start();
 NProgress.done();
 });
</script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->asset_url}/themes/cerise/js/modernizr-2.6.2.min.js"></script>
<script>
$(document).ready(function(){ 

// Custom Select
var select = $('select');
select.each(function() {
   var firstSelectedText = $(this).find(':selected').text();
   $(this).wrap('<div class="selectWrapper"/>');
   selectWrapper = $(this).parent();
   customSelectCont = $('<span class="customSelectCont"/>').appendTo(selectWrapper);      
   customSelectCont.text(firstSelectedText);
   $(this).change(function() {
   var newOption = $(this).find('option:selected').text()
            $(this).next(customSelectCont).text(newOption);
      })             
});  

});
</script>

Directory structure like so:

Upload = yourforum

yourforum/themes/cerise
-------------------------------/fontawesome
-------------------------------/js
-------------------------------/progbar
-------------------------------/modcp
-------------------------------/usercp
-------------------------------/all the image files

*also not saying you did but some folks commonly mistake the images folder as where to put it and for this theme, no
I has got these files as you stated fontawesome, progbar, js, modcp, usercp and all the image files as well.

And in headetinclude I have got these progress bar, custom select, and fontawesome. Just like you posted.
(2019-03-08, 09:27 AM)vk_knight Wrote: [ -> ]I has got these files as you stated fontawesome, progbar, js, modcp, usercp and all the image files as well.

And in headetinclude I have got these progress bar, custom select, and fontawesome. Just like you posted.

have you tried overwriting the theme folder /cerise to see if perhaps the font files became corrupted for whatever reason? * again just walking you through every step I would take if this was occurring to me, and that is all I can really do seeing as I am not in your localhost peeking about to see precisely what may be occurring.

**  Though personally I would have done what I originally said and simply reinstall the theme as that would save so much of this time already spent trying to ascertain the solution to a handful of problems at once and then also focus on the initial request a theme issue..., I mean the cache issue the permission issues etc etc..., all problems that were localhost specific not theme specific, first and foremost and then the theme yes is primarily back but it also appears you have not really modified it from its default build so re-installing would not have been a loss and would have been a gain in several factors, time allotment and usage, minimizing stress factor, and allowing such saved time to focus on the more important issues, the problems apparent in the localhost setup.

*** I do need to get some sleep and have been rather busy with other requests so a nap would be well earned, haha, also I have alot of existing projects to update to 1.8.20 compatibility that I have not had the time to do due to other support related requests, so
I can only focus so much time on each request, else I will never get a break nor chance to work on updates, hopefully that makes sense.
Okay, I will be doing it and also I am currently looking at the similar threads. Thanks, for all help. I will let you know.

Okay, I followed your steps and now its resolved (both of the problems).

Apparently, in the ACP General settings area homepage url and forum url has to be http://loocalhost instead of only localhost.
(2019-03-08, 09:49 AM)vk_knight Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, I will be doing it and also I am currently looking at the similar threads. Thanks, for all help. I will let you know.

Okay, I followed your steps and now its resolved (both of the problems).

Apparently, in the ACP General settings area homepage url and forum url has to be http://loocalhost instead of only localhost.

Sweet! Excellent news to wake up to. Cool beans, glad thay you got your localhost sorted. Smile
Pages: 1 2