MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Sell me on this
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Coming from phpbb 3.2.5...

What is the difference here?  What can I do with MyBB that I can't do in phpbb?  I am always looking for the next open source forum that is better than the last.  Is this the one?  Why?

Please, constructive answers only please.  I am honestly looking at MyBB but can't seem to tell the difference really aside from the look.  Text editor is the same although it looks like the BBcode is acting in the background and this works more like a WYSIWYG type editor. 

Thanks in advance!
There are more Plugins and you can do more stuff with custom profile here as well as CSS.
It is really down to personal preference. We do have a lot more customisation administrative options which phpbb seems to be lacking (as far as I believe). We are currently working on 1.9 which will bring a number of great improvements to MyBB, including a fully responsive theme and an upgrade along with various other improvements.

Feel free to install a test copy of MyBB and have a look around to help you make a decision and give us a shout if you get stuck!
If you still unsure and a free host offering Mybb Just for demo purposes to see if you like it or not you can try https://www.createmybb.com/