MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Some issues i am facing after changing to emerald theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

We have just installed the Emerald theme to our forum and after installing the theme the plugins which we had are not working 
Plugin 1- Thank You/Like System (3.2.0), Plugin 2- My Advertisements (2.3.2) 

After changing to Emerald i just noticed that now i am not able to login to my own website? it gives this warning no matter if i register new account or login (Authorization code mismatch. Are you accessing this function correctly? Please go back and try again.)

I tried to post on the theme support forum but so far no reply can anyone help me with this? 

Thank you

I have changed the theme to Bootbb now please delete this thread.
After installing/upgrading a theme, you need to Disable and then Enable your plugins so that they add their custom code in the new theme templates.

About the "Authorization code mismatch" error, there was such an issue last year with all themes and needed to be fixed by theme authors. I am not familiar with Emerald and whether it was fixed there. You can check Emerald templates for the following:

https://community.mybb.com/thread-218460...pid1308277
Hi thank you for the reply and solution but i have changed the theme to BootBB and i am liking it more and it doesnt have any issues as well. well documented as well Smile
(2019-03-11, 10:43 AM)letsearn Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

We have just installed the Emerald theme to our forum and after installing the theme the plugins which we had are not working 
Plugin 1- Thank You/Like System (3.2.0), Plugin 2- My Advertisements (2.3.2) 

After changing to Emerald i just noticed that now i am not able to login to my own website? it gives this warning no matter if i register new account or login (Authorization code mismatch. Are you accessing this function correctly? Please go back and try again.)

I tried to post on the theme support forum but so far no reply can anyone help me with this? 

Thank you

I have changed the theme to Bootbb now please delete this thread.

While yes emerald was designed up to 1.8.14 and such..., it is a simple fix to login and I will tell you how:

I recently was helping another user modify emerald for their usages and while not related to login https://community.mybb.com/thread-222097...pid1324942 I also had to login to do so  and it required one edit:

member_login template find:
<input type="hidden" name="url" value="{$redirect_url}" />

and add after:
<input name="my_post_key" type="hidden" value="{$mybb->post_code}" />

Yes, there may be other things to update but if your primary goal was to login, well as you can see I am logged in fine on mybb 1.8.20...

Example:

[Image: 90xa51.png]

[Image: m8eb8j.png]

Note: this will help you also login on mobile:

Add to global.css:

@media only screen and (max-width: 768px) { 
#yes_mobile_member {
 display: inline-block !important; } 
#no_mobile_member {
 display:none !important; } 
}

@media only screen and (min-width: 769px) { 
#yes_mobile_member {
 display:none !important; } 
#no_mobile_member {
 display:inline-block !important; } 
}

Replace header_welcomeblock_guest template with:

<div id="no_mobile_member" class="no_mobile_member">
<li><a href="member.php?action=register">{$lang->welcome_register}</a></li>
<li><a href="member.php?action=login">{$lang->welcome_login}</a></li>
</div>

<div id="yes_mobile_member" class="yes_mobile_member">
<li id="yes_mobile_member"><a href="member.php?action=register">{$lang->welcome_register}</a></li> - 
<li id="yes_mobile_member"><a href="member.php?action=login">{$lang->welcome_login}</a></li> 
</div>
Example:
[Image: 2ajntxj.png]