MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to automatically backup a MySQL database and contents of my forum to Google Drive
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I was wondering if there's any way to automatically backup the contents of my forum and MySQL database to my Google Drive account. I'm trying to make sure my forum always has a backup somewhere offsite. Thanks.
It's pretty trivial to do on a VPS. You set a cron, mount the storage device and copy the dumped .sql to the mounted drive.

Not too sure how you could do it on a shared host tho.
(2019-03-13, 12:22 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]It's pretty trivial to do on a VPS. You set a cron, mount the storage device and copy the dumped .sql to the mounted drive.

Unless there's a script or you have root access to cPanel's WHM, it's not possible to do with MyBB on shared hosting.
(2019-03-13, 02:11 AM)Wires Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-03-13, 12:22 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]It's pretty trivial to do on a VPS. You set a cron, mount the storage device and copy the dumped .sql to the mounted drive.

Unless there's a script or you have root access to cPanel's WHM, it's not possible to do with MyBB on shared hosting.

Yeah, exactly. Not sure how you'd do it - if you even could.
this thread can be of some help. see also this related post (in the same thread)