MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: BUG? Cannot raise attachments per post above 20
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can anyone else confirm this limitation? Is this intentional or a bug? I cannot lift attachments per post above 20. This is possible to configure in the ACP, but when uploading attachments, it caps off at 20.

I've reviewed a range of files and can't seem to find anything that would cause such issue.

1. Can someone running a MyBB forum please verify this as an issue?

2. If it is, does anyone have insight as to how this can be fixed? I've looked at the newthread/newreply/editpost files along with functions and attachments.
Can someone at least verify this as being a limitation? I'd like to make sure it's not just me.

Try setting a limit of 25 and uploading 25 images. What happens? When I do this, only 20 images are uploaded.
In the ACP configuration go to Attachments and there is a option Maximum Attachments Per Post, change that to the maximum you'd like.

Then go to Posting in the ACP configuration there's a option Maximum Images per Post, change that to the maximum you'd like.

This should solve your issue.

(2019-03-20, 09:24 PM)mrdeltoid Wrote: [ -> ]When I do this, only 20 images are uploaded.

This is because only 20 attachments can be uploaded at once, you can upload your first 20 attachments then upload the other 5 after.
(2019-03-20, 10:01 PM)0xB9 Wrote: [ -> ]In the ACP configuration go to Attachments and there is a option Maximum Attachments Per Post, change that to the maximum you'd like.

Then go to Posting in the ACP configuration there's a option Maximum Images per Post, change that to the maximum you'd like.

This should solve your issue.

(2019-03-20, 09:24 PM)mrdeltoid Wrote: [ -> ]When I do this, only 20 images are uploaded.

This is because only 20 attachments can be uploaded at once, you can upload your first 20 attachments then upload the other 5 after.

Thanks so much! This explains what was happening.

On this note, is there a straightforward way to modify MyBB to permit more than 20 images to be uploaded at once? I get the rationale behind a 20 image limit, but in my case, this is simply too low. I plan to implement an upload progress bar as well.

There's no point in setting the limit above 20 under the current system because that's equivalent to making multiple posts, more or less.
I need to sort out how to upload more than 20 images in one batch. Does anyone know which file or files would need to be edited in order to upload > 20 simultaneously?

As 0xB9 mentioned, lifting the limit above 20 doesn't actually allow more than 20 to be uploaded -- it's still necessary to do more than one batch. This is quite important and I'd really like to figure out how to upload more than 20 at once.
in your php.ini, increase:

max_file_uploads

to whatever you want.
(2020-09-07, 09:23 AM)mikeyb5753 Wrote: [ -> ]in your php.ini, increase:

max_file_uploads

to whatever you want.

Thanks so much! I'm going to give this a shot and report back.
Thanks so much mikeyb5753 -- I can't believe this solution slipped my mind. It worked. Really appreciate it!
No problem.