MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: remove email
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I have created a MyBB Forum on the DarkNet using Generic Theme.
I want to know how to remove Enter Email and Forgot Password sections from it.
what I have done so far is going to Templates ---> Default Template(the one in use) ---> Members Template ----> member_login
and changed the forgot password section into a comment. (see in the first image) but that didn't work. (see the second image)
then to remove the email form registration, I went to  Templates ---> Default Template(the one in use) ---> Members Template ----> member_register

and changed the email section and all the checkboxes related to the email from account preferences into a comment as well. (see in the third and fourth image)
then I also changed the JS in the same section which I thought was responsible for validating into a comment (see the fifth image) then I tried to signup without email as expected but it didn't work either it was still asking for an email (see the sixth image)
Now Please Help Me And Let Me Know How To Remove These Functions?
if user authentication is not required then
it might be better to use guests posting with registrations turned off !

[eg.]
(2019-03-17, 04:37 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]if user authentication is not required then
it might be better to use guests posting with registrations turned off !

[eg.]

I just don't want there email address it's on Dark Web no asks for this information but I want them to register on my forum without email. so is there any way?
see replies here => Allow users to register without email (esp. posts #4 & #7)

Note:
that method was provided for an old version of MyBB & expected to not work without changes