MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Lost super admin and my admin cannot make me admin because im super admin o_O.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Last night I was changing some members from registered to a custom group I call Wii Troopers. I changed one then went to the next user to change his group. But it took me back to the Admin CP login screen and my User and Pass were not working. Then I go back to my forum and log in normally. Try to get into admin cp from there but its not there! I look at my group and I'm a Wii Trooper. Now I'm pretty sure you can not change you own group and I'm pretty sure my other admin cant demote nor would he becuase I'm a super admin.

Ok, so I just let it go for that time and goto sleep thinking my Admin will make me Admin again tomorrow morning. Next morning comes and he is experiencing the same problem. Few minutes later he calls me back and he has his Admin back. He tries to make me admin but then gets the message that he can't becuase I'm a super admin. What the hell is going on? Is this a bug? And if so how do I fix it?
You can change your own group.

What you can do is open ./inc/config.php and remove your UID from the $config['super_admins'] list, then have the other admin set you back to an admin, then add your UID back to the list.

The alternative would be a MySQL query to set your usergroup to the admin GID.