MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Question about spam plugins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone. 

We're considering installing Mybb on one of our newsportals, where visitors can partake in discussions (you know all the good stuff).

However, our site caters to Norwegians, and the country has some rather strict laws when it comes to content moderation. Essentially, we could be held liable if we don't remove defamatory, racist and otherwise hateful content from our site in a quick manner. 

That's a problem, since we have limited resources and no ability to monitor these boards 24/7.

Do any of you have any recommendations on what plugins to use in order to handle this? Feel free to share links to other discussion on this site.

My first thought is that we should try to filter out certain words and phrases that could be deemed illegal. I don't have enough experience to do this on my own. My guess is that there has to be a plugin that could help us achieve this.

Appreciate all advice. Thank you  Cool
MyBB has a built-in bad word filter. Look in the ACP under the Configuration tab.
(2019-03-25, 07:24 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]MyBB has a built-in bad word filter. Look in the ACP under the Configuration tab.

Well, that's embarrassing. I should have known that before posting here.

Thanks though. Hopefully this is what we're looking for.