MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Update attachment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Completely confused about "Update Attachment" button. The thing its doing currently is nothing but what "Add Attachment" does. So why the button is there? Can anyone guide me in which step this buttons action is unique?

This button should be removed or if really intended to update the attachment - it should be multiple, per already attached file list.
Point me out if I am missing something.

And now the bug:

We have switched to AJAX file remove. Well.
Update attachment appears only if atleast one file is already attached. But AJAX delete does not respect it.
Remove all the already attached files - "Update Attachment" button is still there. Refresh the page - its gone.
Hmm, it should be removed all changed to "Remove all"
(2019-03-29, 05:56 PM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]Completely confused about "Update Attachment" button. The thing its doing currently is nothing but what "Add Attachment" does. So why the button is there? Can anyone guide me in which step this buttons action is unique?

If the file name of the new uploaded file is the same as the old attachment with "Update Attachment" it keeps the old attachment-id, which comes handy if you have inserted the attachment into the post or linked it somewhere else since the link won't go dead.
Well. A point. But
Why the button appears in new thread then?
Where it is documented to make general users educate?
Why it acts like add attachment when nothing is being updated actually? An error or atleast a notice is expected.
If you want to replace an uploaded file you have to rename it? Isn't it silly?

I know upload management is huge thing but noticed many such issues. I forgot the steps but have noticed uploaded attachment gets missing with a return page triggered by an error.
I vote to remove it
Hi,

Thank you for your report. We have pushed this issue to our Github repository for further analysis where you can track our commits and progress with fixing this bug. Discussions regarding this bug may also take place there too.

Follow this link to visit the issue on Github: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/issues/3873

Thanks for contributing to MyBB!

Regards,
The MyBB Group