MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: IP address in moderator log.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a forum moderator who should not be able to see IPs but should be able to see the moderator log for the forum they moderate. However, even with "can view IPs" unchecked in forum moderator permissions, they can still see IP address in the moderator log. I guess this is a feature request of me asking for another mod CP group permission to be added to allow or disallow seeing IPs in the mod log. Is there any plugin/simple modification that could help me here? I have very little experience with PHP. Thank you.
You can add the user as a forum specific moderator and don't add them to the moderator groups.

Once they are a forum moderator, they should be able to see the IP if you give them permissions.
Well, I want them to see the mod log for the forums they mod, just not with IPs. Thank you though, do appreciate the reply. Is there any plugin or something that can just remove the IP column form the mod log? People who I want seeing IPs can still see them in other places right?

Well by commenting out 2 lines in 2 template files I was able to remove IPs from the mod logs. However this is very quick and dirty, so I still wish for some way to show them to some users but not others.