MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cant login after new install of 1.8.20
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As the topic says I have done a new installation  of 1.8.20 on an IIS server (2012R2) that never ever had mybb before.

When i try to logon as admin I get the "Authorization code mismatch. Are you accessing this function correctly? Please go back and try again.".
Shouldn't that have been fixed for a fresh install?

I then tried to go to /admin instead, I do get a logon box that I can log on to and i get the admin gui. 
I do get to the admin GUI so I can verify that I have 1.8.20 running on PHP 7.2.7 with mysql 5.7.13

If I try to click on Templates it throws me back to the logon box and regardless of how many times I give the correct creds it will just throw up the logon box again.

Please advise how I can get it working
see this related guidance => authorization code mismatch
can we have your forum url (where you installed MyBB) ..
[attachment=41665 Wrote:.m. pid='1326813' dateline='1554028463']see this related guidance => authorization code mismatch

Well Sir, as I understand it, you must be able to access the templates to be able to do that change. As I stated - I can't get to that menu....
I can get to the admin page by using the /admin URL but if i try to click on templates (highlighted in red in the picture)
[attachment=41665]

I only get to the logon box. 
[attachment=41666]

Also If that is a needed change - shouldn't it have been included in 1.8.20 så that it works out of the box? Should I file a bug report on it some way?

The forum is not reachable from the internet. It's on an internal development box. (192.168.1.16)
^ as you said, it should be already included in MyBB 1.8.20
however if one click installer is used for MyBB (eg. softaculous) then can't say
if it is a fresh install without content then I'd suggest to install again
by (re)uploading the files [MyBB latest pack] [MyBB installation guidance]
I did download and install from https://mybb.com/download/ so that should be right then?

Tried a reinstall. Got the same issue though ....
If you downloaded and installed a fresh copy of MyBB, you shouldn't be experiencing either issue.

See Login/Logout problems? PLEASE READ then refer back to Authorization Mismatch guide linked by .m.

Edit: Be sure that you're accessing your forum via the URL you inputted during the installation, and not localhost or an IP address.
Don't now exactly why yet but it was Chrome that was the culprit. Switching to firefox took care of the problem ......
I hope someone can help. I have the same issue; fresh install of MyBB 1.8.20. I can access the admin cp but cannot log in via the main home page www.raregamer.co.uk/bb

I have gone through all the templates as per the guidance in this thread https://community.mybb.com/thread-218862.html and the code is present in all of them within the <form> tag.

I am using Chrome. Is it an issue with that? The post above says that the issue isn't there if you use Firefox but I shouldn't have to change my browser, and cannot reasonably expect any visitors to do the same (i.e. tell them that if they use Chrome they cannot log in).

EDIT: I just tried it via Safari on my phone and it works with no problem so it does suggest an issue with Chrome. Any help would be really appreciated.
^ using www for the url could be a problem - removing it might help

first edit ~/inc/settings.php file using editor like notepad++ or editor at web host panel

change value of $settings['bburl'] to http://raregamer.co.uk/bb

then login to forum admin panel & edit value of board url
(remove www) at Site Details page of Configuration section
Pages: 1 2