MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How is Google doing this?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
You really don't need to "submit your site" to search engines any longer, they pick them up from links pointing to your website.

The spiders follow activity on forums, read a thread and you will see the spider follow directly to that very thread, they follow last posts, views and a lot of other stuff because they follow links.
I thought this was going to be one of those "How can google send a pm" when it shows up as sending a private message or "logging".

^ I don't know that but I've always assumed it follows the links on the pages and just happens to be on those pages at the time, although not actually on the pm (since it isn't a member, with permission)... interesting post though, something I've noticed yet haven't bothered to ponder how it's so quick.

~Kerrang!
Kerrang! Wrote:I thought this was going to be one of those "How can google send a pm" when it shows up as sending a private message or "logging".

^ I don't know that but I've always assumed it follows the links on the pages and just happens to be on those pages at the time, although not actually on the pm (since it isn't a member, with permission)... interesting post though, something I've noticed yet haven't bothered to ponder how it's so quick.

~Kerrang!
That is correct. GoogleBot would just be viewing a No Permissions page just as any other guest would.
Kerrang! Wrote:something I've noticed yet haven't bothered to ponder how it's so quick.
Google is very fast at browsing sites...it has to be to keep up with all the constantly updating content on the web. As I have said before, when you create a new thread, just look at how many places a link to that thread shows up. Google checks new links before it tries to update old ones and so your new thread would have priority over the others.
The oddest part is Google might not even be on the site when I post, but once I've posted, its reading the thread already.
It might be monitoring your RSS feed.
Pages: 1 2