MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: login problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

just installed BB, and it is working ok. However, I cannot login. It tells me that I am logged in, and when I "return to where I came from" in the forum, it tells me I am not logged in.

I registered a completely different name, with a different email address to test it, and the same thing happens

I likely messed something up when I was installing or perhaps CHMOD any thoughts?

thanks in advance

JM
Your cookies are probably wrong: [Wiki: Cookies] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

If you still have the problems, please provide your board url
May also want to try doing a hard refresh. (Ctrl-F5) I no I had to do this the other day when I got my new server up the other day.
Thanks for the thread. Big Grin
I was having the same problem.

The url to the board I have installed is http://test.MyDomain.dk/MyBB/

When I installed it, I set the 'cookiedomain' = .MyDomain.dk
and cookiepath' = "/MyBB/"

I have tried to changed 'cookiedomain' to test.MyDomain.dk
and now to .test.MyDomain.dk

But that did not help Sad

I have now installede it in an other directory, not in the sub-domain 'test' and here does it work Smile
It could have been that your browser still had old cookies stored. If you ever change your cookie domain, it is recommended to clear out the cookies for the old cookie domain before trying to login again.
Thanks for the help Smile

But I found out, that it was me who had made an typing-error
by accident did I type '-dk' where it should be '.dk' [Image: g070.gif]
I am unable to login from any computer, using any browser.

I go to login and I enter my details and it does the same thing. Says I am logged in but I am not.

I have tried 3 diffrent browsers at home, at school, and the library. Nothing.

I can however go straight to the ACP and login just fine. I even tried registering a new user name. Nope doesn't work. Neither does hard refresh.

I am the only 1 of my staff with this problem.

Ideas
Have you changed any of your cookie settings recently (prior to this starting to happen)?

Also, please ensure that your cookie settings are correct. [Wiki: Cookies] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
No haven't changed a thing. I have 4 other sites, 3 running MyBB, and 1 that is being converted from vB to MyBB and I have no problems logging into any of them.

This one is the master staff site. None of my staff have changed anything.
Pages: 1 2