MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Locked out as admin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not sure what happened, perhaps trying the wrong password (one for logging in as Admin and the other one for the admin mode) too many times, but I get the following message:

Quote:Authorization code mismatch. Are you accessing this function correctly? Please go back and try again.

I don't seem to be able to get back into my forum (resetting password doesn't help either), any suggestions welcome..
See Authorization code mismatch? PLEASE READ (FIX INCLUDED). You should be able to login directly to the ACP.
["You should be able to login directly to the ACP"]

Well perhaps I should, but how?

Thanks for the link with the solution you provided, but that's sort of Greek to me, I'm a user of the forum software, not a programmer I'm afraid.
You don't have to be a programmer, you have to be able to read and copy and paste. You can login directly by going to yourdomain.com/admin/...
That login is useful, thanks! 

I do know how to read, what you might not realize is how intimidating this is if you do stuff like this for the first time. 

For instance:
  1. I opened the template called error_nonpermission
  2. I tried to localize <form action="member.php"*>
  3. The template actually doesn't contain that piece of code literally
  4. What I did localize was something similar: <form action="member.php" method="post">
That is, my template called error_nonpermission doesn't contain the exact code your instructions tell me to change and now I have to take a decision whether to change the closest thing I find resembling that anyway, but in reality I don't have a clue what I'm doing nor what the consequences are..

Thanks!

Actually your tip about reading was spot on, I read over the following part:

Quote:The form tag will likely include other attributes, which you can ignore.

That is, I surmise it's irrelevant that the code line wasn't exactly the same as I can safely ignore the surplus bits.

I've now added the code line in 3 out of 4 templates, the fourth one poses a little more problems, it's the one in the portal_welcome-guesttext template. Here is the bit with the relevant code:

Quote:<span class="smalltext">{$lang->guest_welcome_registration}</span><br />
<br />
<form method="post" action="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php"><input type="hidden" name="action" value="do_login" /><input type="hidden" name="url" value="{$portal_url}" />
{$username}<br />&nbsp;&nbsp;<input type="text" class="textbox" name="username" value="" /><br /><br />

Do I insert the required line of code directly after the red bit, or at another place (for instance, after {$portal_url}"/>)?

Kind regards!
You can insert the required line of code anywhere between the <form></form> tags.
Thanks Wires, much appreciated!
The solution seems to have created some collateral damage. 

When I try to edit an existing post using "full edit" I get the post in the format with all the coding, so making changes becomes considerably more complicated.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!
The two aren’t related. What editor do you use? WYSIWYG probably isn’t selected.
Hello Wires,

The standard editor that comes with the forum (the same as I'm using now here).

The phenomenon only happens when editing existing posts, not writing new posts, which seems odd. The change happened after the log-out problem was solved (described above in the thread).

Thanks!