MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What is that script, is it core or it came from a plugin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello dear community,
Lately i was working on a board and i ran into this script : 
<script type="text/javascript">
 $(".author_avatar img").error(function () {
 $(this).unbind("error").closest('.author_avatar').remove();
 });
</script>

It was in a few pages which some of theme were private_send, newreply and it doesnt make sense to me..
Anyway this script was giving me a console error since obviously some of those pages doesnt have ".author_avatar img" in them but also in the pages which did had this element i was still getting the error, Btw the error was someting like "$(...) is not a function".

I am curious about where this script came from i want to know if it's plugin related or core, So if anyone know's the answer i'd like to know either.
Thanks, Afik.
This WAS in core. But this chunk is outdated now and no longer exists in templates.
So, wherever you see this just DELETE this chunk and you are good to go.
There are 9 templates (if I can recall properly) where this chunk exists in old theme templates.
(2019-04-05, 06:37 PM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]This WAS in core. But this chunk is outdated now and no longer exists in templates.
So, wherever you see this just DELETE this chunk and you are good to go.
There are 9 templates (if I can recall properly) where this chunk exists in old theme templates.

Hay  effone,
Thanks for making it clear for me..
I will mention though it is a fresh mybb version 1.8.20 with the default theme.
I dont remember if i've downloaded it from github or from the site but still it's kind of weird but anyway thanks for your reply i got my answer!