MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change username color display in private.php ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,

I'd like to get some help about a problem that I cannot solve, I tried to find a way to sort it out for a few weeks already but no sucess Sad

To explain briefly : I want usernames to be displayed with the correct usergroup color (admin, moderator ...) in the private.php - especially for inbox/sent.

On my forum, i didn't have problem to set that for index or any other php pages.

I looked for every $tofromusername in the private.php file and replaced them all with the usual build_profile_link(format_name(....)) or format_name(..).

However, when I browse the private.php : nothing changes, still seeing this white boring color for every usernames, EXCEPT when I read a PM in inbox/sent where I can see that the " For : {username} " is correctly displayed with the matching color.

If anyone could give a piece of advise or any help : would really appreciate thanks in advance !

You can check my  private.php file so you can check it if you have time --> https://pastebin.com/QeL0Px6c
Hello methodmen123,
I've found a plugin that might be the answer for your problem.
Check it out on the mybb plugins page it's called Style Usernames.

Good luck!
Thanks for your help tphe1234, I already installed that one. However I just found my mistake, another plugin was already using the variable globally and it was creating a conflict, it's done now !

Thanks again for your help, you can lock this topic Smile