MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: plugin author abandoned mybb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There are some issues i was having with the unread posts plugin. But when i went to make an issue i found this:
https://github.com/lukasamd/MyBB-View_Un.../issues/25
lukasamd Wrote:I decided do abanon development of my MyBB addons. There are many reasons, but the most important are:
  • lack of time to do this
  • I don't use MyBB active as admin on any board
  • MyBB future is unclear - and I think planning changes are not good way
  • falling popularity of discussion boards

He has a few good useful plugins (mostly unread posts and unanswered posts). I know there are plugins that i use that are long abandoned from years ago that still work, but i was wondering if anyone was taking this under their wing to fix issues or add to? Or when it becomes incompatible to the latest mybb be updated for it ,etc.

The last two is what gets me? He thinks planned changes are bad? And there are plenty of occasions that facebook and twitter cannot handle discussions. For example the use of code boxes. Facebook doesnt even have the option for code boxes. And a lot of people like discussions VS top comment of Stack Overflow style board.
We have an unofficial group to adapt orphan addons and maintain further if its unique and popular.
https://github.com/mybbgroup

Will take feedback from fellow friends and may maintain his plugins further ...
thanks!!!! Good to know that this is happening.

I think eldenroot uses that plugin as well as i saw him speaking in the issues of that plugin. I would hope that the unread posts and unanswered posts plugin get some attention as they are great plugins. Or better yet more of them as i like a lot of his plugins.
We will see, a lot of plugins are planned to release in 2019 so it depends on time.
(2019-04-10, 06:47 PM)metulburr Wrote: [ -> ]There are some issues i was having with the unread posts plugin. But when i went to make an issue i found this:
https://github.com/lukasamd/MyBB-View_Un.../issues/25
lukasamd Wrote:I decided do abanon development of my MyBB addons. There are many reasons, but the most important are:
  • lack of time to do this
  • I don't use MyBB active as admin on any board
  • MyBB future is unclear - and I think planning changes are not good way
  • falling popularity of discussion boards

He has a few good useful plugins (mostly unread posts and unanswered posts). I know there are plugins that i use that are long abandoned from years ago that still work, but i was wondering if anyone was taking this under their wing to fix issues or add to? Or when it becomes incompatible to the latest mybb be updated for it ,etc.

The last two is what gets me? He thinks planned changes are bad? And there are plenty of occasions that facebook and twitter cannot handle discussions. For example the use of code boxes. Facebook doesnt even have the option for code boxes. And a lot of people like discussions VS top comment of Stack Overflow style board.

Good point made, i myself also use both "unread posts and unanswered posts" and yes i agree it would be super nice to have someone generous enough to continue maintaining both of these useful plugins.