MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: need plugin fav_football team updated
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi i am looking for anyone that could help me update a plugin, i have a world wide football site that i am revamping and since i did an update with MYBB my plugin stopped working and now comes with incompatible.

The plugin was originally made for myself by Yaldaram but i can't find him anymore, the plugin when working allows my users at the registration area, to select as required their favorite football team.

If anyone can help me please let me know.

Thank you.
Regards
Paul Sneep.
have you tried changing the plugin's compatibility ? [related guidance]
Hi M nice to see you again, sorry for my disappearance for so long, but my father passed away and i got lost, so sorry.

I tried to set the  "compatibility" => "18*" but it didn't work as i got a huge error when i clicked install & activate.

SQL Error:
1054 - Unknown column 'editable' in 'field list'
Query:
INSERT INTO mybb_profilefields (`name`,`description`,`disporder`,`type`,`length`,`maxlength`,`required`,`editable`,`hidden`) VALUES ('Your Favorite Football Team?','Please enter your favorite football team in the input box below.','0','text','0','0','1','1','0')

so is there another way to update this plugin.
I sent you the plugin to your PM.

Cheers 
Paul.
Hi, the plugin requires rewriting to make it fully usable in MyBB 1.8.x

however at present,
you can add a couple of fields into database
[no harm is done] and try using the plugin

SQL query :
ALTER TABLE  `mybb_profilefields` ADD ( 
editable int(1) NOT NULL default '0',
  hidden int(1) NOT NULL default '0'
)

[sql queries guidance]
It will be better to use the real fields (editableby, viewableby) and -1 as value (everybody).
And then, change rights from ACP when the plugin is installed.
^ Thank You @Crazycat - can you check the plugin code to modify it ..

@psneep , you may request above coder to modify the plugin.
(2019-04-22, 11:05 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ Thank You @Crazycat - can you check the plugin code to modify it ..

Gonna do that on tomorrow Smile 2day is off

Here is the updated version. I didn't redo everything, I only adapt it and correct some little things.

Changes
  • Use the good fields in profilefields
  • The Profile Field ID setting is now automatically filled, no need to edit it
  • The profilefield cache is updated when (un)installing
  • The footer template is modified on (de)activation

Not done
  • The style for the sticky message (sticky_footer_bg and sticky_footer)
  • No translation (text hardcoded)

Do not forget
You have to verify the profile field settings
Hi Crazycat wow it works thank you, but how do i verify the profile field settings? i have no idea what that is sorry.
Go to ACP > Configuration > Custom Profile Fields.
You'll see the "Your Favorite Football Team?", click on the "Options > Edit file" at the end of the line.
(2019-04-23, 11:03 AM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]Go to ACP > Configuration > Custom Profile Fields.
You'll see the "Your Favorite Football Team?", click on the "Options > Edit file" at the end of the line.

Crazycat.
You are awesome my friend, it is working 100% thank you very much, but i have noticed my forums icon sprites have disappeared, is there a setting i can edit to get my sprites back?

please check here: http://tff.futbol/index.php

PS can you remove the fav_football.zip (Size: 2.31 KB / Downloads: 1) please as it was a paid plugin specially made.

Thank you.
Regards
Paul.
Pages: 1 2