MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrade Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I wanted to upgrade MyBB from 1.2.2 to 1.2.9 version, but shows me this error :

Warning: require_once(C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\community/inc/db_.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\community\install\upgrade.php on line 25

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\community/inc/db_.php' (include_path='.;C:\xampp\xampp\php\pear\') in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\community\install\upgrade.php on line 25

I have files db_mysql.php and db_mysqli.php, but it shows me an error .... Whats the problem ? Smile
There seems to be a problem possibly in your inc/config.php, the varible $config['dbtype'] is probably empty. You should make it:
$config['dbtype'] = 'mysql';
Did you rename this file ? >
Warning: require_once(C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\community/inc/db_.php
Dale Hay Wrote:There seems to be a problem possibly in your inc/config.php, the varible $config['dbtype'] is probably empty. You should make it:
$config['dbtype'] = 'mysql';

Hmmm ... that config.php is totally empty .. only this

<?php
?>
Did you save a copy of it like the "Upgrade Guide on the Wiki" suggests you to do ? You've probably overwrote it while uploading the MyBB 1.2.9 files.
LeX- Wrote:Did you save a copy of it like the "Upgrade Guide on the Wiki" suggests you to do ? You've probably overwrote it while uploading the MyBB 1.2.9 files.

In the downloaded directory its the same ... Or did u mean the 1.2.2 config.php ??? I have that of course, but 1.2.9 config.php is empty...

I swap the 1.2.2 conf.php with 1.2.9 conf.php and it worked Smile now I got 1.2.9 MyBB .. Thanks Smile
That's normal, that the MyBB 1.2.9 config.php is empty =P

LeX- Wrote:Did you rename this file ? >

And what about this question ? =P Cause that seems to be a non-MyBB file [ db_.php ] =P

Edit :

When does this error comes up ? While trying to view the upgrade page ? Or during the process ?
LeX- Wrote:That's normal, that the MyBB 1.2.9 config.php is empty =P

LeX- Wrote:Did you rename this file ? >

And what about this question ? =P Cause that seems to be a non-MyBB file [ db_.php ] =P

I dont have file like that
You probably overwrote your existing inc/config.php with the default file which is blank. It says on the upgrade article on the wiki not to overwrite inc/config.php and inc/settings.php.
Outlawz Wrote:I swap the 1.2.2 conf.php with 1.2.9 conf.php and it worked Smile now I got 1.2.9 MyBB .. Thanks Smile
Yep, that's what you were meant to do.