MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Custom Status Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi I'm wondering if this plugin is broken or if it's something on my end? If it is on my end what do I need to do? When I try to add the plugin I get this message:

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1366 - Incorrect integer value: '' for column sonicblast_mybb104.mybblq_settings.sid at row 1
Query:
INSERT INTO mybblq_settings (sid,name,title,description,optionscode,value,disporder,gid) VALUES ('','custom_status_groups','User Groups','Enter the group id's of the user groups that can set a custom status. (set to 'all' (without quotes) if you want to allow all user groups to use this feature.)','text','4',1,189)
Please contact the MyBB Group for technical support.

Plugin is located here: https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=15
Looks like SQL Strict Mode is on.
Is it recommended to have strict mode on? Simply turning this off would fix it?
Turning this off should fix it.
(2019-04-24, 08:30 PM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]Turning this off should fix it.

Won’t that potentially risk poorly written plugins from messing things up? I don’t know much about SQL but seems like it could allow things to be destabilized. I guess this error isn’t a problem and doesn’t need updating?
(2019-04-24, 11:34 PM)Metallix Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-24, 08:30 PM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]Turning this off should fix it.

Won’t that potentially risk poorly written plugins from messing things up? I don’t know much about SQL but seems like it could allow things to be destabilized. I guess this error isn’t a problem and doesn’t need updating?

The 'Strict Mode' is more for the hosting server side, not so much for your website. 

Some hosting companies "claim" that it's for security reasons, but I have yet to see solid factual evidence of this. 

That's why I am using VPS hosting to get around those silly issues. 

I'm not saying you should switch to VPS hosting. Just pointing that out... that's all.