MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Show the forum managers on index page.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hay guys,
I was wondering, If i'm assigning groups to forum moderation instead of individual users is it possible to show on index page - 'forumbit' template the users inside that group?
If so could someone help me? It's super necessary and important for me.
And if i wasn't clear enough please tell me so i can try to explain myself better so you will be able to help me...

Thanks in advanced, Afik.
Use below plugin and add the variable {$forumteamonline} inside index page.

https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=237
Try it and let me know if it works.
(2019-04-25, 01:32 PM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]Use below plugin and add the variable {$forumteamonline} inside index page.

https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=237
Try it and let me know if it works.

Hay, thanks for replying.
I think i wasn't clear enough.
I am trying to show the managers of each forum in my board.
There are two ways of assigning a forum manager. The first is setting a user as a forum manager and the other way is to set a group as a manager of the forum. When you will use the first way the name of the same user which you've set as a forum manager will be printed on the forum that you've set him to manage.
When you will use the other way the name of the group will be shown at the same place where the username is showing when you use the first way. Since i am using the second way because it's more convinient for me then the group name is showing, i wanted to know if it's possible to show the name of the users that are inside the group.
I am sorry for the book i wrote i hope it's easier to understand now.
And thanks again sir.
It's super important i would like to hear any idea about this subject even if it might not work.
(2019-04-26, 08:12 PM)tphe1234 Wrote: [ -> ]It's super important i would like to hear any idea about this subject even if it might not work.

If I understood correctly, when you are assigning a group to manage a forum, it will show as forum managed by group. You will need a plugin to show the users or make core changes. Are you okay with this ? Or if you are following this method, you can also add a link to forumstaff page which will show users on that page.

My favorite solution is to follow the first method, i.e. add a user as a moderator to the forum and which will show the user to forum page by default.
(2019-04-27, 06:44 AM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-26, 08:12 PM)tphe1234 Wrote: [ -> ]It's super important i would like to hear any idea about this subject even if it might not work.

If I understood correctly, when you are assigning a group to manage a forum, it will show as forum managed by group. You will need a plugin to show the users or make core changes. Are you okay with this ? Or if you are following this method, you can also add a link to forumstaff page which will show users on that page.

My favorite solution is to follow the first method, i.e. add a user as a moderator to the forum and which will show the user to forum page by default.

Hay, i'm sure it'll be the best to use the method you've recommend on but unfortunetly it doesn't fit my needs.
I dont mind to make core changes, It shouldn't be a heavy modification to the core files to get this done.

Again, thanks for your replies.
@WallBB

In second thought, a plugin would fit to.

I do have experience with PHP MySQLI but i have never developed a mybb plugin before.
I have read some guides on how to develop mybb plugins but i am afraid im not familiar enough to the mybb variables.

Something like getting the group id and then select all users with that group id from the users table would've work.
I just dont know how to convert it into a plugin, but i would prefer a plugin over a core change.

It seems like you have an idea on how to achieve what i am looking for.
As i said before i have to use the assigning groups as moderators method on my forum.
I've tried both solutions (core editing and plugin developing), I've never developed a plugin before so i've followed two guides but still couldn't come up with something to fix "my problem" it's seems like im lacking knowledge in the mybb variables.
And when i tried to edit the core i've looked into 'index.php' and i couldn't find the rows which are printing the forums, i was searching for a while loop as this what i would've done to print all rows from a table but couldn't find a loop i think it's built a little bit different because of all the templates system.

Basically i am stuck, i would appericiate any help but since you were the only one replied to this thread i am quoting your reply again in hope that you will see it.

Thanks, Afik.
(2019-04-29, 09:15 PM)tphe1234 Wrote: [ -> ]

As i said before i have to use the assigning groups as moderators method on my forum.
I've tried both solutions (core editing and plugin developing), I've never developed a plugin before so i've followed two guides but still couldn't come up with something to fix "my problem" it's seems like im lacking knowledge in the mybb variables.
And when i tried to edit the core i've looked into 'index.php' and i couldn't find the rows which are printing the forums, i was searching for a while loop as this what i would've done to print all rows from a table but couldn't find a loop i think it's built a little bit different because of all the templates system.

Basically i am stuck, i would appericiate any help but since you were the only one replied to this thread i am quoting your reply again in hope that you will see it.

Thanks, Afik.

I will write for you this week and send you a PM with it Smile
Cheers
(2019-04-30, 03:11 AM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-29, 09:15 PM)tphe1234 Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks, Afik.

I will write for you this week and send you a PM with it Smile
Cheers

Thanks alot, much appericiated!