MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Install doesn't happen?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've never set up Mybb before, so I've been following the install guide. I've been struggling from the start, but after watching a few Youtube tutorials and re-reading things, figured out how to upload the files and get their permissions sorted out. The next step is to straight-up install - which, in the various guides I have been following, should be easy. Just write /install/ at the end of the URL where the files have been uploaded, etc.

Like this:  example.com/forum/install

But when I try to go there, I get a blank page. Not an error page, but nothing happens?

The URL also changes and reads: example.com/forum/install/index.php

If someone could help me I'd greatly appreciate it! I'm not sure what sort of information you'd require. Um. I'm trying to install Mybb forum software on to a Dreamhost server; the main page is using a default Wordpress set-up (and maybe that's conflicting with Mybb?).
check server error log available at your web host panel

perhaps it'd be better to re-upload all the files & try again ...
I've tried re-uploading three or four times. I'm probably missing something, or maybe I uploaded everything to the wrong place and it can't be read? :/
^ can you tell us your domain name & where have you uploaded the files ...
According to the guide I followed, it was suggested I either install things to the /root/ directory or to a directory called /forum/ that I make myself; since I can't edit the /root/ directory at all, I made a folder titled /forum/ and installed in to that. (Also IDK if it matters, but I use Google Chrome.)

The domain: https://www.cataclysm.me/
by root folder,
are you referring to folder named public_html or www or a folder with your domain name ?
if so, your files uploaded location should be fine. so you have to check server error log
(it should be available at your web host control panel)

sorry, can't check it further now. I've to leave ..
Oh! Uh, I've uploaded it to a folder with my domain name: Cataclysm.me
There, I uploaded the Mybb stuff in to a folder: /forum/