MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: ACP edit user repopulates user fields with my own details
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, whenever editing another user in ACP, more than half of the user fields have original contents replaced with/displaying my own user details.
How do I prevent this from happening?

The issue persists even after clearing Chrome browser cache and refreshing.

I suspect (hope) this may be related to default Chrome browser behaviour in auto-populating forms where fields are recognized - and while I do want the browser to continue to do that in other contexts, I obviously don't want that in this context.

If I use Edge browser, the issue does not occur.  I want to continue to use Chrome, however.

This is a dangerous and insidious problem because it is very easy to miss the changes that are being made to those fields and to submit them along with the intended field change.

Are others experiencing this?
What is the solution?
Is there a way for the webpage itself to block this browser behaviour?
Hi,

first make things clear this is a problem with Chrome, and not with MyBB (as you see in this post of Reddit).

After that, there is a workaround changing things in the template to avoid the filling of the data:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/4020...9#40200269

Try any of this solutions and see if any of them work  Wink
(2019-05-04, 08:52 AM)NoRules Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

first make things clear this is a problem with Chrome, and not with MyBB (as you see in this post of Reddit).

After that, there is a workaround changing things in the template to avoid the filling of the data:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/4020...9#40200269

Try any of this solutions and see if any of them work  Wink

Hi, thanks for your reply. 

Looking at that thread, it seemed none of those approaches still work with more recent versions of Chrome?
Also, I would not know how to go about implementing for MyBB, in a way that robustly survives Chrome browser and myBB updates?