MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Different Font Awesome icons per Category?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2019-05-02, 10:20 PM)vintagedaddyo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-05-02, 10:09 PM)makpaolo Wrote: [ -> ]I did the second part, but think it may need a few more theme edits as it doesn't seem to be working well! Thank u for your help so far I appreciate it a lot

Yeah, no worries..., got a few moments of free time on the computer so hopefully we can get this sorted for you and well, since you sent me the link to your site, I viewed the page source just to confirm what I already knew by the few templates you shared using "fa fa-*" icon calls.., and yep your theme is using font-awesome 4.7, so you would need to use the 1.1 plugin and instructions provided above for that unless you wanted to update your theme to use the font-awesome 5 version of the plugin as removing the 4.7 call will break some 4.7 icons in the rest of the theme unless you manually edit them to the new calls for fa5

Yes I did follow through and we are on 1.1 right now : https://gyazo.com/6eca5832eeab1483d6647f7ae3e8119a

I then did edited all the templates u asked to include the extra code

Thank u for taking ur time out for this!
(2019-05-02, 10:23 PM)makpaolo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-05-02, 10:20 PM)vintagedaddyo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-05-02, 10:09 PM)makpaolo Wrote: [ -> ]I did the second part, but think it may need a few more theme edits as it doesn't seem to be working well! Thank u for your help so far I appreciate it a lot

Yeah, no worries..., got a few moments of free time on the computer so hopefully we can get this sorted for you and well, since you sent me the link to your site, I viewed the page source just to confirm what I already knew by the few templates you shared using "fa fa-*" icon calls.., and yep your theme is using font-awesome 4.7, so you would need to use the 1.1 plugin and instructions provided above for that unless you wanted to update your theme to use the font-awesome 5 version of the plugin as removing the 4.7 call will break some 4.7 icons in the rest of the theme unless you manually edit them to the new calls for fa5

Yes I did follow through and we are on 1.1 right now : https://gyazo.com/6eca5832eeab1483d6647f7ae3e8119a

I then did edited all the templates u asked to include the extra code

Thank u for taking ur time out for this!

What happens if you go into global.css and comment out:

/*
.forum_status {
    font-size: 15px !important;
    text-align: center;
}
.forum_status i {
 display: inline-block;
}
.forum_on {
 color: #8d95a5;
}
.forum_off, .forum_offlock, .forum_offlink {
 color: #8d95a5;
}
.forum_off {
 opacity: .5;
}
.forum_on:before {
 font-family: 'FontAwesome';
 content: "\f07c"
}
.forum_off:before {
 content: "\f07b"
}
.forum_offlock:before {
 content: "\f023"
}
.forum_offlink:before {
 content: "\f0c1"
}
.ministatus {
    font-size: 10px;
    padding-right: 0px;
    padding-left: 10px;
    text-align: left;
}
.ministatus .forum_on, .ministatus .forum_off, .ministatus .forum_offlock, .ministatus .forum_offlink {
 font-size: 12px;
}
*/
Also after you do that let me know so we can then focus on that but there is one thing about the 1.1 version i forgot..., the css is outdated as it was back before mybb changed the "lock" icon calls to "close" so the myfontawesomeicons.css
will need to be changed from:

.forum_status {background: none !important;height: 50px !important;width: 50px !important;font-size: 30px !important;text-align: center !important;}
.forum_status i {display: inline-block !important;line-height: 50px !important;}
.forum_on {color: #0094d1 !important;}
.forum_on i
.forum_off, .forum_offlock, .forum_offlink {color: #333 !important;}
.forum_off i {opacity: .4 !important;}
/*.forum_offlock i:before {content: "";}*/
/*.forum_offlink i:before {content: "";}*/
.subforumicon {background: none !important; height: 10px !important;width: 10px !important;display: inline-block !important;margin: 0 5px !important;}
.subforum_minion {color: #0094d1 !important;}
.subforum_minioff, .subforum_miniofflock, .subforum_miniofflink {color: #333 !important;}
.subforum_minioff {opacity: .4 !important;}
/*.subforum_miniofflock i:before {content: "";}*/
/*.subforum_miniofflink i:before {content: "";}*/
.forum_legend, .forum_legend dt, .forum_legend dd {margin: 0 !important;padding: 0 !important;}
.forum_legend dd {float: left !important;margin-right: 10px !important;margin-top: 17px !important;}
.forum_legend dt {float: left !important;margin-right: 5px !important;}

to:

.forum_status {background: none !important;height: 50px !important;width: 50px !important;font-size: 30px !important;text-align: center !important;}
.forum_status i {display: inline-block !important;line-height: 50px !important;}
.forum_on {color: #0094d1 !important;}
.forum_on i
.forum_off, .forum_offclose, .forum_offlink {color: #333 !important;}
.forum_off i {opacity: .4 !important;}
/*.forum_offclose i:before {content: "";}*/
/*.forum_offlink i:before {content: "";}*/
.subforumicon {background: none !important; height: 10px !important;width: 10px !important;display: inline-block !important;margin: 0 5px !important;}
.subforum_minion {color: #0094d1 !important;}
.subforum_minioff, .subforum_minioffclose, .subforum_miniofflink {color: #333 !important;}
.subforum_minioff {opacity: .4 !important;}
/*.subforum_minioffclose i:before {content: "";}*/
/*.subforum_miniofflink i:before {content: "";}*/
.forum_legend, .forum_legend dt, .forum_legend dd {margin: 0 !important;padding: 0 !important;}
.forum_legend dd {float: left !important;margin-right: 10px !important;margin-top: 17px !important;}
.forum_legend dt {float: left !important;margin-right: 5px !important;

Even some of this may need to be altered further after due to some changes to to the sub mini icon changes in your theme, hence why I asked you to tell my what happens by commenting out the items I suggested in global.css so we can then focus on that.

Example:

[Image: 2lxxwrk.png]
Just done that. It hasn't gone live on my end yet for some reason
(2019-05-02, 11:05 PM)makpaolo Wrote: [ -> ]Just done that. It hasn't gone live on my end yet for some reason

You have some things that need to be changed on the forum management input as I think you are confusing 4 and 5 and mixing them

example:

fa fas fa-comments

in 4.7 it would be this

fa-comments

in the input as fa is already added in the 1.1 plugin, fyi "fas" is fa5
Now that we got version 1.1 for Font Awesome 4.7 working for you, I opted to revisit that version and make it available as a separate project avail at the mods site: https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?acti...w&pid=1259  & the old mods link for the project is and will continue to be for Font Awesome 5 https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=909
Pages: 1 2