MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Settings with isdefault=0 not loading
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a number of plugins whose mybb_settings column "isdefault=0", and it appears that the MyBB settings array doesn't collect these settings.
Therefore, the plugins are not working.

How is this possible? What does "isdefault" mean? How could this value end up zero? Why are "isdefault=0" settings not loading?

Thanks!
isdefault has nothing to do with plugin. Its a settings thing. It defines whether the settings is part of default MyBB installation or created manually / by a plugin. The usage of this is only to group the settings in the ACP settings page.
(2019-05-04, 04:34 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]isdefault has nothing to do with plugin. Its a settings thing. It defines whether the settings is part of default MyBB installation or created manually / by a plugin. The usage of this is only to group the settings in the ACP settings page.

I did end up figuring this out, but I need the original main question answered which is:
Why are settings without isdefault=1 not showing up in the MyBB settings [array]?

So mybb->settings array does not contain settings with isdefault=0
Shouldn't this array contain all settings in the MyBB settings table at all times?

So what I'm figuring out is that the settings are being loaded from inc/init.php inside the inc/settings.php, and not from the DB on an Ajax call. Why?

I figured it out. So MyBB compiles settings into a PHP file using rebuild_settings. I have an outdated settings.php file that does not include the new plugin settings due to online/offline crossover testing.