MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Profile Customization
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm working on a new forum and I'd like to allow users to be able to customize their own profiles, just some things like the colors, maybe the borders too, the background, things like that. I already checked the Profile Design plugin but I couldnt get it to work and even though I did find many people asking for help to get it to work, none of them were able to fix it, I did see people saying the plugin is no good so im wondering, is there a way to allow users to customize their profiles without a plugin?

I'll really appreciate if anyone can help me with that, thank you!
(2019-05-04, 10:19 PM)Miraimaher Wrote: [ -> ]I'm working on a new forum and I'd like to allow users to be able to customize their own profiles, just some things like the colors, maybe the borders too, the background, things like that. I already checked the Profile Design plugin but I couldnt get it to work and even though I did find many people asking for help to get it to work, none of them were able to fix it, I did see people saying the plugin is no good so im wondering, is there a way to allow users to customize their profiles without a plugin?

Changing userbar colors can be done with a plugin. Look at this ONE.

As far as changing colors on the forum/sub-forum bar colors, this ONE might work with the default MyBB theme. It's not known how well it will work on pre-made themes or customized themes.

To add a picture in the user's Profile, look at this ONE.

Do one plugin at a time to make sure all works properly, then add the next one and so on.
(2019-05-04, 10:34 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-05-04, 10:19 PM)Miraimaher Wrote: [ -> ]I'm working on a new forum and I'd like to allow users to be able to customize their own profiles, just some things like the colors, maybe the borders too, the background, things like that. I already checked the Profile Design plugin but I couldnt get it to work and even though I did find many people asking for help to get it to work, none of them were able to fix it, I did see people saying the plugin is no good so im wondering, is there a way to allow users to customize their profiles without a plugin?

As far as changing colors on the forum/sub-forum bar colors, this ONE might work with the default MyBB theme. It's not known how well it will work on pre-made themes or customized themes.

Do one plugin at a time to make sure all works properly, then add the next one and so on.

Thanks Serpius, that second link could work for what I wanted to do with the profiles, but I think only from the admin panel can be selected, what I want to do is allow users to customize their own profile so that not all profiles look the same
(2019-05-05, 01:44 AM)Miraimaher Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-05-04, 10:34 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks Serpius, that second link could work for what I wanted to do with the profiles, but I think only from the admin panel can be selected, what I want to do is allow users to customize their own profile so that not all profiles look the same

If you are referring to the 2nd plugin link, any user can change their userbar color. It is not specific to Admins only.

The user would change their userbar color while they are in their User Control Panel.
Oh, no.. I meant this one
https://developement.design/forum/Thread...changer-v1

cause what they want to do is be able to change the colors of their profile like the bars colors, the borders maybe, background of the tables in profile and things like that, but I think im having an idea how i could do it, hopefully it works
(2019-05-05, 10:51 AM)Miraimaher Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, no.. I meant this one
https://developement.design/forum/Thread...changer-v1

cause what they want to do is be able to change the colors of their profile like the bars colors, the borders maybe, background of the tables in profile and things like that, but I think im having an idea how i could do it, hopefully it works

That plugin can be used by any user, too.

They have to change the colors in their User Control Panel.