MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New user question on changing .thread color
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I installed MyBB yesterday and everything went pretty good. I would like to change the color of the default blue bars from #0066a2 to color #FE7957.

I went into the global.css section and changed .thead. The item I changed is pictured below - I saved the change and did not get an error but the bars did not change color. Can someone explain what I'm doing wrong - new user so be gentle :-)
The picture (images/thead.png) is displaying the color (to have the gradiant).
You can remove it from the css but you'll have a flat color.

Have a look at the color_* css files, you'll see they have other background picture.
Thanks for sharing for this useful post here.
Thanks - is this documented anywhere - usually with a gradient there are two colors - so I'm a little confused. But thanks for taking the time to answer.

If you take a look at my web site

www.mypizzamaster.com

I'm trying to match the look of MyBB forum to the rest of the web site!
(2019-05-06, 02:11 PM)pizza Wrote: [ -> ]usually with a gradient there are two colors
Have a look at http://www.mypizzamaster.com/forum/images/thead.png : the bottom (#0165a7) is darker than the top (#007fd6)

It's subtil, but there is a gradiant Smile
Thanks crazy cat - I still don't understand the lines meaning in the .css file (in the picture below) but I just changed the .png file to a color I wanted (with a gradient). Uploaded it and it seems to work. Now to look into the text colors :-)

Have a great day!