MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: error for some members when editing in ucer cp, mod cp, admin cp
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So some members of two different forums I host are getting and error when they try to edit their profile in their user cp, and when they try to edit things through the mod or admin cp. It doesn't happen to everyone and its happening for specific members no matter what member groups their accounts are in. This is the error message they are getting.

Another member also told me its showing this same error message when they try to preview a post that has been edited, but only if there is an image link in the post somewhere, like the full link but if they have the shortened like /showthread.php?tid=202 then it allows them to edit things.
(2019-05-08, 11:39 PM)Tempest Wrote: [ -> ]So some members of two different forums I host are getting and error when they try to edit their profile in their user cp, and when they try to edit things through the mod or admin cp. It doesn't happen to everyone and its happening for specific members no matter what member groups their accounts are in. This is the error message they are getting.

Another member also told me its showing this same error message when they try to preview a post that has been edited, but only if there is an image link in the post somewhere, like the full link but if they have the shortened like /showthread.php?tid=202 then it allows them to edit things.

Request your hosting company to turn off the Mod Security function on their server side.