MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Authorization code mismatch errors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, @nofeara, check your board. Reverted few templates to default.
There seems to be no problem remaining at all. I can login and logout smooth now.
(2019-05-19, 05:48 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]Well, @nofeara, check your board. Reverted few templates to default.
There seems to be no problem remaining at all. I can login and logout smooth now.

Thanks for the help but, here is my recent login:

[Image: fIg72b3.png]

I really dunno how but In the mean time, version 1.8.15 seems not having this problem, not experiencing it for 4 days test, i got from this post: https://nulledbb.com/thread-Authorizatio...ase-go-bac
I might be needing some more access to debug this as deep debug is not possible through ACP access only.
All I have inspected leads to a conclusion that its related to the $cache. MyBB's internal encryption key is not being saved in cache, resulting to regenerate it in every page load.

Since the post key for guests is generated depending on internal encryption key and as the key is being regenerated every time : when you post the form the post key provided with the form is not matching with latest as the internal encryption key is changed, the post key is also changed along with.
(2019-05-19, 03:36 PM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]I might be needing some more access to debug this as deep debug is not possible through ACP access only.
All I have inspected leads to a conclusion that its related to the $cache. MyBB's internal encryption key is not being saved in cache, resulting to regenerate it in every page load.

Since the post key for guests is generated depending on internal encryption key and as the key is being regenerated every time : when you post the form the post key provided with the form is not matching with latest as the internal encryption key is changed, the post key is also changed along with.

I shot another pm for that deep access. I am really interested in helping this fix.

Thanks.
@nofeara I am not getting the proper credential to test further; whatever you provide.
But the issue you are facing is completely different from others, and your issue is your post key is getting reset very frequently, as much I monitored: in every 5 seconds.

This is probably for the cache being reset as I have stated earlier. I wanted to monitor the cache, but I need core access for that.
May be kawaii can guess the reason, I'll ping him regarding this.
(2019-05-29, 02:51 PM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]@nofeara I am not getting the proper credential to test further; whatever you provide.
But the issue you are facing is completely different from others, and your issue is your post key is getting reset very frequently, as much I monitored: in every 5 seconds.

This is probably for the cache being reset as I have stated earlier. I wanted to monitor the cache, but I need core access for that.
May be kawaii can guess the reason, I'll ping him regarding this.

Can i bypass that authorization key thing that is being implemented? Like i will just set a default authorization key for all accounts and just have the database make a default value so it will always match when new accounts are created? What files are responsible for this?

Your help is much appreciated.
You can try this:
Open the inc/functions.php, go to line no. 627, find:
return md5($session->sid.$mybb->config['database']['username'].$mybb->settings['internal']['encryption_key']);

replace the line with:

return md5($session->sid . "some_raND0m_strin8");

Save the file, reupload / replace and see what happens.
(2019-06-01, 08:10 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]You can try this:
Open the inc/functions.php, go to line no. 627, find:
return md5($session->sid.$mybb->config['database']['username'].$mybb->settings['internal']['encryption_key']);

replace the line with:

return md5($session->sid . "some_raND0m_strin8");

Save the file, reupload / replace and see what happens.

I think this is working but still will have to check if no errors will occur on the next logins...

Well it's not yet completely working cause iam experiencing this again:

[Image: WH5ZOBA.png]
Just omit all and set a fixed MD5 then
return md5('nofeara');
I'm also having the same problem. I also tried @effone option by editing the inc/function but still the same. :-(
Pages: 1 2