MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PHP Mail not working on AWS EC2 instance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I have set up a forum at http://jodoshinshuforum.tk. It is running on an AWS instance running Ubuntu 16.04. Registration emails are not being sent and I used the test script on this page and the mail failed to send. A brief Google search revealed that there are problems with AWS and PHP Mail. 

I don't know much about PHP, so I'm at a loss.

What are the options here? Can sendmail be used instead? Or is it possible to forego the registration emails entirely?
apt-get install postfix.

Basically, you need a mail server to send mail, which you don't have, because Ubuntu does not include this by default.

Be aware, that if you send mail from the server, it'll quite likely be seen as spam.

You'd be far better off using SMTP mail through, say, Gmail who deal with that for you.
(2019-05-09, 06:20 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]Be aware, that if you send mail from the server, it'll quite likely be seen as spam.

Hi,

sorry but it's not like that. If you configure your DKIM, SPF, DMARC right, your mails will be seen as normal mails.

Of course, if something of any of these fails, it'll be marked as spam.

Source: my mails from my server  Wink
(2019-05-09, 06:59 AM)NoRules Wrote: [ -> ]sorry but it's not like that. If you configure your DKIM, SPF, DMARC right, your mails will be seen as normal mails.

I am acutely aware of that, but have you ever tried explaining that to someone who has fumbled their way through installing a LAMP server? It's a lot easier to say "Use SMTP".