MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: ABP restrict url 1.3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
ABP restrict url 1.3

Forbid url in post, signature and website for new users

The post and signatures are blocked, the user homepage is just hidden.

Available settings:
  • Number of post until the user is no more considered as a new one : from 1 to ... default 5
  • Groups excluded of the restriction : default admins, moderators
  • Allow pictures : default Y
  • Allow url in quotes : default Y
  • Allow url in signature : default N
  • Allow display of homepage : default N
  • Allow url in PM : default N
  • Allow url in email : default N
  • Allow internal urls : default Y
  • List of authorized urls

Note
Admins and moderators see the website in member profile.

Changelog
Corrected a disfunctionment with RSS feed poster
Added check for Mycode [url]
Corrected a bug with Quick Edit

(2019-05-16, 03:00 PM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]
ABP restrict url 1.0

Forbid url in post, signature and website for new users

The post and signatures are blocked, the user homepage is just hidden.

Available settings:
  • Number of post until the user is no more considered as a new one : from 1 to ... default 5
  • Groups excluded of the restriction : default admins, moderators
  • Allow pictures : default Y
  • Allow url in quotes : default Y
  • Allow url in signature : default N
  • Allow display of homepage : default N
  • Allow internal urls : default Y
  • List of authorized urls

Note
Admins and moderators see the website in member profile.

I'm going to try this plugin. 

This ought to piss off all of the spammer bots that my website still gets.
I hope it'll help you. Make any comment or suggestion about it
(2019-05-16, 09:50 PM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]I hope it'll help you. Make any comment or suggestion about it

All of my RSS Feeds have stopped working.

It started as soon as I installed the new plugin ABP Restrict URL.

I installed this plugin on May 16, 2019, and 11 days later, none of my RSS feeds have posted anything.

Users (not RSS feeds) are able to post with no problems.

What can I do to fix this issue?
Is it a RSS feed poster ? By default, it uses a guest user (uid 0).
The quicker way (but I dislike it) is to put the guest group in the exclusion of my plugin. It won't allow guests to post if you forbid it your forum settings.
Another quick way (my prefered) to make it working is to create an user and use its username as poster name in your plugin settings (you'll have to edit & save your feed to update the uid in the feedposter table). Think to put this user in an excluded group to.

I can add a setting in my plugin to have a list of usernames which won't be affected by the plugin, but it's quite dangerous : if someone registers with the username, he won't be filtered.
(2019-05-27, 01:46 PM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]Is it a RSS feed poster ? By default, it uses a guest user (uid 0).
The quicker way (but I dislike it) is to put the guest group in the exclusion of my plugin. It won't allow guests to post if you forbid it your forum settings.
Another quick way (my prefered) to make it working is to create an user and use its username as poster name in your plugin settings (you'll have to edit & save your feed to update the uid in the feedposter table). Think to put this user in an excluded group to.

I can add a setting in my plugin to have a list of usernames which won't be affected by the plugin, but it's quite dangerous : if someone registers with the username, he won't be filtered.

After I read your reply... I had totally forgotten about the Group Exclusion option in the ABP Restrict URL plugin.

Sorry, my bad! 

Solution... (for others who have a similar set up like mine)

I created a new group called 'Bots' and those are for RSS Feed bots only. I set up the appropriate permissions including allowing both URL and HTML because some of those RSS feeds do use HTML in the postings. This is the ONLY group on my website that is permitted to use HTML.

This group, 'Bots' do posts URL addresses all the time, thus all of the postings from the RSS Feeds were being blocked by the ABP Restrict URL plugin.
(Side note... that proves that the plugin is working as advertised - Admins need to be careful how to set up the plugin.)

Anyways... I went back to the ABP settings and made the 'Bots' group part of the Exclusion Group option and now all RSS Feeds are now working.

I should have seen that option before, but I missed it. Sighs...  Rolleyes

P.S., Do NOT add an option to include usernames ABP Restrict URL plugin. As you said, it's dangerous.
If it works, it's all right Smile
(2019-05-27, 09:32 PM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]If it works, it's all right Smile

After testing the ABP Restrict URL plugin, it is still not working properly.

This is AFTER I have made the changes as I stated in the previous post. (#6)

This is what the ABP Restrict URL task log is showing.

All of those RSS feeds have far more than the 3 post limit that I chose in the 'Number of posts' in the settings option. 

[Image: 90b978e292501a9399caeb3b9844a94e.png]

I have deactivated and uninstalled this plugin until the issues can be fixed.
That's strange, it worked well with my tests. I've to verify some things about rss feed poster and how it works, I'll try to correct my plugin on monday.
Ok, I found the error and correct it, you can download the version 1.1.
For the short explanation: in my abp_urlrestrict_postcheck function, I was checking $mybb->user rights, assuming the user was the personn which posts. But with RSS Feed poster, it's a task started by the connected user, which can be a guest or anyone. So I have to get the datahandler user to have the good poster.
Pages: 1 2