MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Moved thread link name not changing properly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was doing some testing with my friend and we noticed that when you move thread to other forum and change name of "Moved" link that was created in place of that thread you will update original thread name, but not the Moved link name.

I looked up in few files and found that there's no change of "Moved link" thread. Only original thread has been written in these files.
I will check what would happen when you move it few times and have few "Moved" links lying around.

For me it is a bug because you can use jeditable on moved threads and it will allow you to edit it's name, but when you accept and refresh page it's name going to be the same as before change.

I might've an idea how to change this to include all "Moved" links, but firstly I'd like to hear from others if they too consider this to be a bug.
Hi,

Thank you for your report. We have pushed this issue to our Github repository for further analysis where you can track our commits and progress with fixing this bug. Discussions regarding this bug may also take place there too.

Follow this link to visit the issue on Github: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/issues/3663

Thanks for contributing to MyBB!

Regards,
The MyBB Group
If you change something and it accepts and after a refresh it dishonors the action then its definitely a bug.
I wonder what should be the right approach.

1. Changing either the link or the main thread title should reflect to both.
2. or we can just disable inline editing of moved links.

The first option is more appropriate IMO.
I considered first option too.
I have even some ideas how to fix that. I'll try to create PR today with fix Smile