MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Authorization code mismatch solution doesn't fix the problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I understand that you are using MyBB 1.8.20
if so, java scripts versions need changes in a number of templates.

Also,
I'd suggest to run file verification tool at tools & maintenance section & provide its report
(2019-05-31, 03:49 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]I understand that you are using MyBB 1.8.20
if so, java scripts versions need changes in a number of templates.

Also,
I'd suggest to run file verification tool at tools & maintenance section & provide its report

Hello .m. yes I'm using 1.8.20 and no the file verification tool didn't come up with corrupt files. 

Are you suggesting that I not go ahead with reverting the 18 templates to their original as to not wipe out the required changes in the java script versions? At least that's the way I understand your comment. 

Would there be a way to distinguish the java script templates in those 18 templates that come up in the list of updated templates? 

Thanks!
^ you can revert all those templates & by reverting, correct codes are added into those templates.
(2019-05-31, 12:13 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ you can revert all those templates & by reverting, correct codes are added into those templates.

Thanks .m. that sounds like a cool function, akin to a fresh installation, or will this resort my installation to the previous version?
Quote:... will this resort my installation to the previous version?
no, it will not. [assuming that forum admin panel is showing correct MyBB version 1.8.20]
(2019-05-31, 01:46 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]
no, it will not. [assuming that forum admin panel is showing correct MyBB version 1.8.20]

Yes, it's 1.8.20. I've now reverted all of these templates to their original, at first sight, that seems to have improved things. The delay between posting or editing a post and the forum actually registering this seems to have gone.The authorization code mismatch came back
  1. The standard solution (the four tokens in four different template files) is present, that can't be it
  2. The [var cookieSecureFlag = "{$mybb->settings['cookiesecureflag']}";] is also present in the headerinclude template, that can't be it either.
Is there something else I'm missing?

THANKS
does direct url login work without the error ?
which browser you are using ? try with a different browser ..
(2019-05-31, 04:11 PM)HvK Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-05-31, 01:46 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes, it's 1.8.20. I've now reverted all of these templates to their original, at first sight, that seems to have improved things. The delay between posting or editing a post and the forum actually registering this seems to have gone.The authorization code mismatch came back
  1. The standard solution (the four tokens in four different template files) is present, that can't be it
  2. The [var cookieSecureFlag = "{$mybb->settings['cookiesecureflag']}";] is also present in the headerinclude template, that can't be it either.
Is there something else I'm missing?

THANKS

When is the authorization mismatch code being triggered? And I will give you the solution.
(2019-06-01, 12:38 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]does direct url login work without the error ?
which browser you are using ? try with a different browser ..

That worked for a couple of times, until it didn't. I'm using Chrome and I am quite attached to it but I could log in using Brave, but I've learned not to celebrate prematurely. This turns out to be quite a vexing problem. I mean I've inserted the token in those four templates and the line of code you provided in the headerinclude template. They're still there but they seem to have lost their magic power..

(2019-06-01, 01:36 AM)Michael2014 Wrote: [ -> ]When is the authorization mismatch code being triggered? And I will give you the solution.

Hi Michael, It's triggered upon login, fixes so far seem to be temporary. I'm now on the latest fix, using another browser (Brave instead of Chrome) which so far works, but we'll have to see about whether that lasts..

In any case, thanks for the effort.
The issue is and has always been your login form itself,

I will give you a login form to use, I created this form myself. After install, clear your cache and the issue will be fixed.

You will need to apply your own styles to the form.

<div id="quick_login;">
 <form action="member.php" method="post">
               <input type="hidden" name="action" value="do_login" />
               <input type="hidden" name="url" value="{$redirect_url}" />
 <table border="0" align="center" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="5" style="width:50%;text-align:left;box-shadow:none;background: #c3b49d;border: 1px solid #1f3756;">
 <thead>
 <tr>
 <td class="thead" align="center" style="padding:10px;height:43px;">
 <span style="font-size: 40px;text-align:center;">Login</span>
 </td> 
 </tr> 
 </thead>
 <tbody>
 <tr>
    <td style="padding: 20px 20px 27px 20px;">
 <span class="smalltext"><i class="fa fa-user">&nbsp;</i><label for="username">Username:</label></span><div style="padding-bottom: 5px;"></div>

<span class="field"><input style="margin-left: -1px; padding: 4px  10px;" width="100%" placeholder="Username" name="quick_username" id="quick_login_username" type="text" value="" class="textbox-zx" /></span>
 <br />
 <br />
 <i class="fa fa-key">&nbsp;</i><span class="smalltext">Password:</span><div style="padding-bottom: 5px;"></div>

<span class="field"><input style="margin-left: -1px; padding: 4px  10px;" width="100%" placeholder="Password" name="quick_password" id="password-field" type="password" value="" class="textbox-zx" /><span style="color: #000; margin-left: -24px;" toggle="#password-field" class="fa fa-fw fa-eye field-icon toggle-password"></span></span>

<br /> 
 <div align="center">
 <div align="center;" style="padding:10px;"><input style="font-size: 14px;display: inline-block;margin: 10px 0px 6px;padding: 9px 99px 9px 99px;" name="submit" type="submit" class="button-l" value="LOGIN" tabindex="3" /> </div>
 <input name="quick_remember" id="quick_login_remember" type="checkbox" value="yes" class="checkbox" checked="checked" />
 <label for="quick_login_remember"><i> {$lang->remember_me}</i> </label>
 <br />
 <div styuyle="padding:5px;"><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=lostpw" class="buttonno lost_password">{$lang->lost_password}</a></div>

</div>
 </td>
 </tr>
 </table>
 </form>
 </div>
 <script type="text/javascript">
 $("#quick_login input[name='url']").val($(location).attr('href'));
 $(".toggle-password").click(function() {

$(this).toggleClass("fa-eye fa-eye-slash");
  var input = $($(this).attr("toggle"));
  if (input.attr("type") == "password") {