MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Authorization code mismatch solution doesn't fix the problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(2019-06-01, 01:47 AM)Michael2014 Wrote: [ -> ]The issue is and has always been your login form itself,

I will give you a login form to use, I created this form myself. After install, clear your cache and the issue will be fixed.

You will need to apply your own styles to the form.

Hello Michael, thanks again. I'm afraid my lack of any kind of proficiency in the inner workings of MyBB oblige me to ask for some additional pointers:
  • Clear the cache where? The browser, MyBB?
  • Where exactly do I install the login form you provided, does that replace an existing template?
  • I don't really have my own styles, I use the standard theme and templates. Even resorted updated templates to previous state.
Thanks for any further input you can provide!
Clear the cache where? The browser, MyBB: The browsers, especially mobile.

Where exactly do I install the login form you provided, does that replace an existing template?
Yes, it replaces the existing template,

I don't really have my own styles: You create styles by using an inspect tool

I use the standard theme and templates: There is some weird bug in v.20

Even resorted updated templates to previous state: Makes no difference because you simply restore back to .v20

Thanks for any further input you can provide! : I will try my best to help you.

You need to try your best to learn the most basic of development, and this can be a lesson.

Do you know what templates hold your login forms?
(2019-06-01, 02:25 AM)Michael2014 Wrote: [ -> ]Clear the cache where? The browser, MyBB: The browsers, especially mobile.

Where exactly do I install the login form you provided, does that replace an existing template?

Even resorted updated templates to previous state: Makes no difference because you simply restore back to .v20

You need to try your best to learn the most basic of development, and this can be a lesson.

Ok thanks. I'm sorry I realize it must be frustrating but I'm an absolute beginner in these things, just simply ran into some problems when I upgraded to 1.8.20.

For instance, I have no clue where to put your login form. I was hoping to find a template called log-in, but that clearly was too simple..

So I guess I have to insert your login form code into multiple template files? I have only one way of finding out (checking every file of every template), but that will take me all night so it would be very helpful if you can provide that info.

Also, is creating my own style necessary? I'm pretty happy with the default style and this is of minor concern at the moment, unless it's something required to make your login code work.

Thanks again.
^ I've tried registering at your forum & it is not working !

I find that javascript versions are not changed in templates
perhaps there is a problem with setting up the default theme.

sent you PM.
(2019-06-01, 02:41 AM)HvK Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-06-01, 02:25 AM)Michael2014 Wrote: [ -> ]Clear the cache where? The browser, MyBB: The browsers, especially mobile.

Ok thanks. I'm sorry I realize it must be frustrating but I'm an absolute beginner in these things, just simply ran into some problems when I upgraded to 1.8.20.

For instance, I have no clue where to put your login form. I was hoping to find a template called log-in, but that clearly was too simple..

So I guess I have to insert your login form code into multiple template files? I have only one way of finding out (checking every file of every template), but that will take me all night so it would be very helpful if you can provide that info.

Also, is creating my own style necessary? I'm pretty happy with the default style and this is of minor concern at the moment, unless it's something required to make your login code work.

Thanks again.
You need to watch some youtube videos on how to use the inspect tool in chrome, because this will show you which template your login for resides in.
(2019-06-01, 03:23 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ I've tried registering at your forum & it is not working !

I find that javascript versions are not changed in templates
perhaps there is a problem with setting up the default theme.

sent you PM.

Here is what happened. Somebody earlier in this thread suggested I also had to update the default theme, first by removing the existing one, which I did.

As a result, the default theme disappeared from the list of themes (basically there is no list anymore as it was the only theme I had), but apart from that, everything remained the same and there was clearly still a theme operative (which can only be the default theme as I never installed any other) as the forum was rendered in a normal way..
for hard refreshing your browser, press CTRL + F5 on forum index page a couple of times.
then try login once again ..
(2019-06-01, 03:52 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]for hard refreshing your browser, press CTRL + F5 on forum index page a couple of times.
then try login once again ..

Chrome: Mixed bag. I could login with Admin, not with another ID and we'll see how long the Admin lasts
Brave: Can still log in

I've also cleared the cache in chrome.

Update: after hard refreshing some more, things seem to have improved in Chrome. I'll keep you updated.

Thanks!!
Chrome has some type of weird cache ! some other users also have problems with it [ex.]

I'll check your forum a few times again later today
(2019-06-01, 04:09 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]Chrome has some type of weird cache ! some other users also have problems with it [ex.]

I'll check your forum a few times again later today

Many thanks, .m. and Michael, you guys have been great help. This problem looked like a cat with nine lives, every time a solution was implemented and seemed to work it came back.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5