MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: weird
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
something weird happend today..i have no idea how its possible cuzz only some users have access to the forum among them is that fake "googlebot" shown in the list. I say fake because that ip is from my city and it can't be a google bot.
Here is a screenshot
[Image: weirdzx6.th.jpg]
Vizitator means guest
Nume utilizator means username
Ora means hour
and Locatie means location Toungue
All happened when that "googlebot" joined the forum, after he left all those fake users "left with him"
So what are you saying is the issue, that "fake googlebot" allowed someone masking themself as googlebot to view a page that googlebot is allowed to view, but some users cannot?
no..access to port 80 is only allowed from some ips, among them are "86.125.115.211" the user with this ip joined the forum and somehow made himself look as a googlebot, after that those fake users with nicks like "111100000....." appeard in the forum..
Making yourself look like a GoogleBot is relatively easy, there's even a plugin for Firefox that can do it.
and what about those users with weird nicks/ips? Big Grin and i have one more question, how to make the pages end in .html? like threadname-forumid.html?
The IPs I don't know about.

You can use the MyBB SEO mod to do that. I will also note that MyBB 1.4 will have the ability to this this as a core feature.
cool, thanks for the info and the quick reply's Smile