MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Bug editing messages.lang.php in ACP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I found a strange bug trying to edit just 1 of the language files:

When editing the language variable text in this file:
ACP > Configuration > Languages > English (American) > Front End > messages.lang.php

I get this error upon clicking the "Save" button at the bottom, regardless if I've made a change or not:

"Not Acceptable! An appropriate representation of the requested resource could not be found on this server. This error was generated by Mod_Security."

I don't get the error when editing any of the other language files via ACP (although I only edited a few), AND... I do have the standard .htaccess file uncommented, that is supposed to disable Mod_Security.

I was able to edit the messages.lang.php file directly via my CPanel File Manager > Edit function, but I thought I would report this in case there is a syntax error or something with that file... I even replaced the file with the one from the full install package just in case, but same error, and only with that file.

MyBB version 1.8.20 with PHP v7.1.14
Try placing the following in your .htaccess

<IfModule mod_security.c>
    SecFilterEngine Off
    SecFilterScanPOST Off
</IfModule>

If that doesn't help contact your hosting support.
I do have that already, and as I mentioned, editing any of the other language files in the list works without a problem... just that single file. And... I've redownloaded and replaced that file from the 1.8.20 full package, rebuilt caches, etc.
if your web host cannot add relevant white listing rule for it then obviously
the only option could be to edit the file using editor like notepad++ ..