MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Looking for Speed Optmization for MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, so I have a relatively large board. I'm looking for someone who can reduce page loading times. This is an important job, you can name your price. Just reply to the thread or shoot me a PM if you're interested in this.

Things I'm doing already
 - Using GZIP Compression
 - Using a VPS
 - Minifying all files
 - Lazy loading image files
 - Cloudflare upgraded plan

But for some reason the page loading times are still a bit slow. I need this issue resolved.
Things you should consider:

If your forum is only using 1 language, you may want to stop using the language pack, as that would have an impact on performance as you're requesting information on every webpage. Go through your entire template manager and remove the language tags and replace them with text

Poorly coded, unoptimised plugins could be the cause for slow performance

Make sure you double check all your settings; enable caching if you haven't as that will improve load times

There are a lot more variables that could be causing performance issues, but this is all I could think of
(2019-05-31, 10:49 AM)danielheywood Wrote: [ -> ]If your forum is only using 1 language, you may want to stop using the language pack, as that would have an impact on performance as you're requesting information on every webpage. Go through your entire template manager and remove the language tags and replace them with text

Don't do this. It takes less than 100ms to render a MyBB page by default, often far less. Never try to optimise by guessing.

OP, take a look at the advanced debug statistics (link at the bottom of your forum) and see where time is being spent. Are your queries slow? There's lots of information there which can help narrow down the cause.
(2019-05-31, 02:24 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-05-31, 10:49 AM)danielheywood Wrote: [ -> ]If your forum is only using 1 language, you may want to stop using the language pack, as that would have an impact on performance as you're requesting information on every webpage. Go through your entire template manager and remove the language tags and replace them with text

Don't do this. It takes less than 100ms to render a MyBB page by default, often far less. Never try to optimise by guessing.

OP, take a look at the advanced debug statistics (link at the bottom of your forum) and see where time is being spent. Are your queries slow? There's lots of information there which can help narrow down the cause.

Most of the performance issues have to do with loading scripts before any content is shown. This is the main problem. Removing unneeded code within the JS files and serving them on a CDN.

Large static assets seem the be the main issue. I'm not a speed expert which is why I need help.
Disable awards in postbit if you are using a plugin from Omar G. it's not optimized and making too many queries * page posts.
I'm not exactly a developer. Is anyone interested in optimizing many of the plugins and scripts for a highly paid project?