MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: upgrading operating system
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My server is using Ubuntu 14.04 LTS with a mybb forum. It is running on a VPS. I upgraded the OS to 16.04 and it showed php code (hooks and etc. instead of the website).

So after messing around with php and trying to get it work (and failed) i renabled the last snapshot to undo everything i did to get the site back up. I am not sure what is stopping me? I am wondering if someone here might know?
as per search results reinstalling & re-configuring php required
OMG. I was googling that for awhile and never came across that. Ugg. I feel dumb. I was trying to rush because the server was down while doing it.
(2019-06-05, 12:38 AM)metulburr Wrote: [ -> ]OMG. I was googling that for awhile and never came across that. Ugg. I feel dumb. I was trying to rush because the server was down while doing it.

Hope it is working now metalblurr ?
No. I ended up copying the droplet over and tinkering with it so i dont have restricted time and no downtime. I tried some more responses from google, but then got frustrated and destroyed the copy droplet to not have to pay for it as much as possible. PHP was downgraded from 7 to 5.6 but the website still did not show properly after upgrading the OS