MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: installing mybb with older database
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to just purge a bunch of junk from over the years. Unused config changes, outdated software, etc. I figured it would be easier to just install the latest ubuntu and mybb and insert our old MYSQL database into it, and config a little is less work that trying to make an older ubuntu server/older mybb adapt?

What would be the process in addition to instalation of MYBB moving an older MYSQL database over to a newer mybb version? Is it possible or is it easier to update the server than reinstall?
if your forum has plugins then I'd not recommend installing MyBB afresh & using earlier database.
(2019-06-05, 02:38 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]if your forum has plugins then I'd not recommend installing MyBB afresh & using earlier database.
Yes agreed, best is to install older version with plugins and than clean the database after removing all old plugins. Than upgrade MyBB to latest version.

Or if you really want to install afresh, than you need to know SQL queries as it is possible you will encounter SQL errors for missing tables/empty columns.
ok thanks and yes i have lots of plugins 50+ active.