MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Loading site in a local host
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Which files I have to edit in order to upload the mybb site in a local host?
Hi,

all filesĀ and folders inside the UPLOAD folder.
database details should be edited in inc/config.php file

board url & cookie settings should be edited first in inc/settings.php file
and then at Site Details page of Configuration section in forum admin panel

more details can be seen at replies here
@effone...

Would it be wise to install MyBB after installing WAMP?

That way one can learn how to deal with databases, PHP, Apache and other software that usually goes with CMS forum software.
(2019-06-10, 12:30 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]database details should be edited in inc/config.php file

board url & cookie settings should be edited first in inc/settings.php file
and then at Site Details page of Configuration section in forum admin panel

more details can be seen at replies here

Yeah, I edited those. But when I am trying say 'localhost' its saying 2002 MySQL error. So, I asked.

But when I say try 'localhost/phpmyadmin'. Its showing perfectly the login page of phpmyadmin. I don't understand wamp button is green that means everything is running. Then why this error?
Did you create and fill the local database ?
Do you use and/or create the good user (wamp default is root with no password) with good rights on your database ?
(2019-06-10, 03:17 PM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]Did you create and fill the local database ?
Do you use and/or create the good user (wamp default is root with no password) with good rights on your database ?
Of-course. I did it.

Okay one query what should be the hostname in config.php. I think that is creating the problem!!
db hostname is localhost or 127.0.0.1
Yep, fixed it. db hostname has to be localhost instead of 172.0.0.1
(2019-06-11, 03:06 AM)expmrb Wrote: [ -> ]Yep, fixed it. db hostname has to be localhost instead of 172.0.0.1

Localhost is 127, not 172. Just so you know.