MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Admin Page 403 Forbidden after install
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I have installed the script, followed all the permission instructions to chmod the appropriate files, disabled mod_security, and I still get the 403 forbidden error.

What gives? What else can I try?

I can navigate to the main index page, moderator module, but not the admin.
(2019-06-10, 10:08 AM)Futo Wrote: [ -> ]So I have installed the script, followed all the permission instructions to chmod the appropriate files, disabled mod_security, and I still get the 403 forbidden error.

Did you read the documentation on this issue HERE?

Try that and report back to us.
(2019-06-10, 11:16 AM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-06-10, 10:08 AM)Futo Wrote: [ -> ]So I have installed the script, followed all the permission instructions to chmod the appropriate files, disabled mod_security, and I still get the 403 forbidden error.

Did you read the documentation on this issue HERE?

Try that and report back to us.
I appreciate the tip, I had not known of that issue.

I did follow the instructions on the entire sheet, the cookie settings are what they should be, file is chmod 666.

I went further and did these  Login/Logout problems? PLEASE READ recommendations.

Yet I am still having same issue as seen here https://thruhiked.com/admin/index.php
looks like mod_security is not completely disabled
or admin folder is forbidden for better security (may be through .htaccess)

check recent entries of server error log at your web host panel. is there any clue ?
(2019-06-10, 02:07 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]looks like mod_security is not completely disabled
or admin folder is forbidden for better security (may be through .htaccess)

check recent entries of server error log at your web host panel. is there any clue ?

the error logs show;

2019-06-10 10:53:36.563002 [INFO] [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxxx:HTTP2-35] File not found [/house/locked/thruhiked.com/403.shtml]

2019-06-10 10:53:36.562940 [INFO] [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxxx:HTTP2-35] [APVH_thruhiked.com:443] file permission is restricted for script: /house/locked/thruhiked.com/admin/index.php
try changing file permissions of admin/index.php file to CHMOD 644

Quote:Litespeed does not serve scripts with unsafe file permission (group and world writable),
or the script is inside a directory with unsafe permissions (group and world writable).
(2019-06-10, 03:09 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]try changing file permissions of admin/index.php file to CHMOD 644

Quote:Litespeed does not serve scripts with unsafe file permission (group and world writable),
or the script is inside a directory with unsafe permissions (group and world writable).

That made no difference changing to 644 or 0644
now forum system is reporting that
Quote:inc/languages/english/admin/global.lang.php does not exist
check that the file physically exists and it is accessible
(2019-06-10, 03:26 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]now forum system is reporting that
Quote:inc/languages/english/admin/global.lang.php does not exist
check that the file physically exists and it is accessible
it exists, what should the permission for each file in the directory be set to? presently none of those files show a permission. Also, every file is dated december 31, 1969 (red flag here).
basically language files are set with CHMOD 666 or 664
if your server doesn't allow them then use CHMOD 644
Pages: 1 2