MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: config.php file is missing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I am a new user trying to install myBB. I did a lot of research and selected myBB in part because your installation instructions are so thorough and well-documented. And yet I am stuck at the beginning!

I got as far as uploading the files to the server and renaming .htaccess. I searched all over and found no files named config.default.php. I can't find ANY file with config in its name!

I thought maybe this was old info from a prior version (it happens!) so I browsed to the install screen. All went well and all of the requirements are met except (obviously) I got the error message below. Please help!

Bonnie

The configuration file (inc/config.default.php) could not be renamed. Please manually rename the config.default.php file to config.php to allow it to be written to or contact MyBB Support.

And yes, I am looking in the /inc folder!

Never mind! I cannot see the file using Yummy FTP but it is visible through my control panel file manager....