MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB avatars not updating when changed?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This seems like a cache problem, but I am not under CF or anything right now. So weird how whenever I change my avatar on forum, it will be successful, but it will just stretch the original avatar out, and then the new avatar will upload within 30+ minutes

How to fix this ?

uploads and uploads/avatars are chmod 777
(2019-06-12, 03:49 AM)makpaolo Wrote: [ -> ]This seems like a cache problem, but I am not under CF or anything right now. So weird how whenever I change my avatar on forum, it will be successful, but it will just stretch the original avatar out, and then the new avatar will upload within 30+ minutes

How to fix this ?

uploads and uploads/avatars are chmod 777

The website files should be CHMOD 644.

For 1st time installations, yes, CHMOD 777 all files, then after successful installation, change the files to CHMOD 644.

One exception, the uploads/avatars folder should be CHMOD 777.

Is your avatar directory located in the Login and Registration section of the AdminCP correct as shown in the screenshot?

[Image: 57c0f5ed7be8cc878c96fe4c708f09fd.png]

In the Profiles section of the AdminCP, review the screenshot below and adjust your settings if needed.

[Image: 2635564bcb6c0f8f459ef094217b7019.png]
Thank u. The first image, I do not have that option in my admin cp. Second option (profiles), all are correct. Still have the issue

For example, if i change avatar now, u will see it be stretched while it tries to set into that resolution of new avatar from old one

https://gyazo.com/9a8979a8050a39a61ef0c6d1b8c67d66