MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Download Prompt Upon Visiting Website
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I am running an Ubuntu 18.04 server to allow me to practice my SysAdmin skills. I've attempted to install MyBB following this guide and have got to the point where I'm meant to be setting up the forum through the web browser. 

I have set the essential file permissions as laid out in the guide and set my NGINX server block to look like this

The issue is, when I navigate to my domain, it opens up the windows download page no matter where I navigate to on the site, including example.com/install. Once the download page opens, it simply refuses to let me navigate anywhere and doesn't even open the intended destination page in the background. 

I believe I have all the dependencies installed and I've configured my server block to be able to recognise and run index.php files on connection. Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

James.
Might be a server naming issue.
Try changing server_name to droplet's IP address in your nginx config.
Did you install php-fpm ? And add a block in nginx to use its sock ?
location ~ \.php$ {
    access_log /var/log/nginx/forum.access.log;
    error_log /var/log/nginx/forum.errors.log;
    try_files $uri =404;
    include fastcgi.conf;
    fastcgi_split_path_info ^(.+\.php)(/.+)$;
    fastcgi_pass unix:/var/run/php7-fpm.sock;
    fastcgi_index index.php;
    fastcgi_param SCRIPT_FILENAME $document_root$fastcgi_script_name;
}
Thank you for the quick replies, everyone.

It was a problem to do with PHP but didn't directly relate to what was going on in the server blocks. Bit odd but I can only guess the installation went a bit haywire.

Thanks once again,

James.